cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete process server in SAP CPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to delete a process server from the SAP CPS but it is throwing out an error as "Process server XX is used by Non- Visible Job 359,554,596 and many more jobs......,,,Can some one guide me on this ?

Regards,

Vishal.DS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

As Mudasir mentioned, right click the process server, select Monitored jobs and make sure all the jobs are deleted. 

For the file events, make sure they point to a different process server. 

After all these, if you still have the problem, i would suggest, making a select statement from the table JCS_JOBDEF0 where uniqueid = 359554596 - this would give the job name.

(the number followed by the word "non-visible job" is usually a unique id for the job in that table).

Now you will have an idea which job is causing the problem, and you can examine and remove them.

We have M33.69 version of CPS and i noticed in JCS_JOBDEF0 table that, when i modified a job definition(in redwood) to have a different application, there were two copies of the job definition - one still pointing to the old application and the other to the new application. I was not able to remove the old application because of this dependency. So i had to delete the job definition and then delete the application.

(I'm also assuming the reason for the copies is that the changes were not committed in the backed immediately, someone may clarify this.)

My point being, Sometimes when you modify a job definition it ends up being 2 copies with two different values in the database, but redwood will show you only the latest copy though. In those cases it is better to remove the entire job definition(from redwood) in case and re-create it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nanda for your info. It worked

Regards,

Vishal.DS

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nanda,

The different versions of job definitions are stored in the database as long as there are still jobs in the database that have ran with that version of the job definition. As such it is not necessary to delete the full job definition, but only the old jobs to get rid of the duplicate job definition entries in the database (and be patient, the deletion of old job definitions is handled by one of the maintenance jobs that runs every 15 minutes).

Regards Gerben

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check this thread : http://scn.sap.com/thread/3172291 . Its a similar resolved  issue with process server deletion.

Regards,

Mudasir.