cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report for VS 2012. It is not appear as a option in Reporting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone:

I just installed SAP Crystal Report for Visual Studio 2012. I donwloaded it from

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_5.zip  and installed it. But, when i start up VS 2012, i can't use the Crystal Report. In my Project, when i choose Add New Item, Crystal Report is not there as a option in Reporting. What can i do to solve this? Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  I installed VS2012 Pro and CR for VS2012 Runtime.  Can neither open existing reports or find the CR Viewer in the Toolbox.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, i've been trying to solve this. In Visual Studio 2010, after install Crystal Report, i did not have any problem to use it. Just start up VS 2010, and in Reporting Project i found the SAP Crystal Report options. Here (VS 2012) there isn't any option of SAP Crystal Report I don't understand the reason ... 😕

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This blog:

http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/microsoft-net-sdk/blog/2010/05/04/my-day-1-training-on-cr-2...

was created for crvs2010 a while back, but I suspect it applies to vs 2012...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed the steps that there are in the post ... but nothing ... i don't find the Crystal Report Option in the ToolBox ...

... Update ...

I installed this versión: SAP Crystal Report, developer versión for Microsoft Visual Studio SP5 (almost 300 MB).

To add the CrystalReportViewer control; ToolBox -> Choose Item and add CrystalReportViewer.

Then in the Project, go to properties, and change the Net Framework versión to .NET Framework 4 and in app.config file write:

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>

</startup>

And ... that is all ... ... It Works!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel, thank you very much for posting the solution. I'll have to do a bit of digging as to the why to / when to as the details tell me that either we are not doing something right or there are other "things" getting in the way (e.g.; pre-existing installs (CR? VS?), install sequence, etc.). And you are not the only one having similar issues, so like I said, more work.

Happy coding,

- Ludek

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

That is what I had to do also. So the first issue is you tried to install just the redist 64 bit runtime package. That does NOT integrate into .NET IDE. .NET is a 32 bit application so installing just the 64 bit runtime would have never even got you close to using it.

Once you installed using the .VS NET installer then it gets integrated properly. Even though Ludek indicated that simply setting the framework to Full the viewer should just show up I have never seen this. But I also have VS 2008, 2010 and 2012 installed so there are also CR 10.5 Basic that came with VS 2008. I beleive this is the cause why the newer versions do not show up. There is a kbase suggestiing that you should uninstall the 10.5 runtime from VS 2008 first.

Also, I have discovered that if you have VS 2010 and CR for VS 2010 installed and then install VS 2012 a repair install will not integrate CR into VS 2012. You must uninstall CR for VS and then re-install and then CR is integrated into both....

Going to track this, Build team indicated we can make a repair install integrate into VS 2012 so an uninstall is not required. This will be in SP 6 or later.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is where I am.

1. I only have VS2012 installed.

2. I have installed CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_5.zip and CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0_5 from http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35074.

3. I have added Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Control 14.0 via:

a. Pick a Design object

b. Right-click Reporting in Toolbox.

c. Select COM tab.

4. I am running under .Net 4.0

When I attempt to pop a window containing the control I get 27 warnings similar to:

Warning    1    Processing COM reference "CRQUERYENGINE" from path "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\crqe.dll". Type library importer encountered a property getter 'Item' on type 'CRQUERYENGINE.IQESortFields' without a valid return type.  The importer will attempt to import this property as a method instead.    MFWharf

At runtime I get the error:

Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0X80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)

The offending line occurs during the VS autogenerated code at the line:

AddHandler.MyBase.Tables.CollectionChanged schemaChangedHandler.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be welcome.

Thanks

Jon

0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Redist packages are for deploying your project only. Uninstall them and then use the complete package install:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0_5.exe

Now you should not have to do anything except possibly adding the Viewer to the tool box.

Click on your form and then the Tool bar and then select Choose New Item and browse to this:

Now you should see:

Not sure if the warnings are because you have not installed it correctly. If the above doesn't work then add the PATH to CR runtime to the project:

I don't believe you need to go this far down but this is where they exist on a DEV PC:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet

Runtime only they are only in the GAC.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi it is me again.

On a fresh machine I installed:

VS2012

CRforVS_13_0_5.exe

CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_5

CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0_5

Reinstalled CRforVS_13_0_5.exe

Rebooted

And everything works.  I can see my old CR reports in the VB Design screens.

I see the CrystalReportsViewer in the Toolbar and the reports appear.

I suspect that the reboot is the key.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek:

Well, considering your comment; firstly i donwloaded and installed this versión: "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio SP5 - MSI (64 bits)". After installed it, i created a new Project in Visual Studio 2012, then i didn't find any options of SAP Crystal Reports. I was trying to add it as a reference and i couldn't. After that, i uninstalled and installed it again. And i had the same problem. Then, i donwloaded this versión: "SAP Crystal Report, developer versión for Microsoft Visual Studio SP5". Then i installed it without uninstalled the other versión. Then, i started up VS 2012 and the Crystal Report Options were in the Reporting options.

After that, in the ToolBox, with right click, i selected Choose Item, and i added CrystalReportViewer Control.

Finally (as in SAP Crystal Reports for VS 2010) i changed the .NET Framework version to .NET Framework 4. And in app.config file i added the code that i posted before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don:

Thank you for you comment and clarification about this.

Greetings.

0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Still not sure why you are installing both the 32 and 64 bit runtime on your DEV PC? 32 gets installed with the integration and then the installer prompts if you want to install the 64 bit runtime. So there is absolutely no reason to run both MSI's again.

And this may confuse the system which is why you may have had to do a repair install.

All that is required is:

VS2012

CRforVS_13_0_5.exe

And select Install the 64 bit runtime when it prompts you.

Don

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is my problem someone help me for this.. i need it..Please

0 Kudos

Microsoft does not support plug-ins in any of their Express versions of Visual Studio.

You need to upgrade to Pro or higher

Don

former_member198639
Participant
0 Kudos

Is CR for VS2012 free??? Or sth else?Thanks.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you tagging on to other's discussions that are totally unrelated to what you want? As I said in the other discussion you did this, please create your own new discussion.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

12 stars

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.