cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to become a SAP Cloud partner?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there..

I'm searching for some information about implementing SAP Cloud Apps.

I've read about the SAP Partner program - is it necessary to become a partner and publish a developed app in the SAP Store!?

What does I (the developer) need??

I'm right, that I either have to become a prtner (https://www.sapcloudappspartnercenter.com/become-a-partner) or get a "normal" developer account like the Starter Package (https://store.sap.com/sap/cp/ui/resources/store/html/SolutionDetails.html?pcntry=DE&sap-language=EN&...) ??

Or is it also possible to develop a individual SAP Cloud App, which is only trimmed for one of my enterprise? What does 'I need than - what would you prefer? And what are the requirements for the enterprise, which want to use the SAP Cloud App: a SAP Cloud licences, or where will the app "saved"?

Thanks for some help..

Andi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Yes, if you want to sell an app on the SAP Store then you must become a partner.

The Starter Package is the minimal (3 VMs, 10 GB storage, etc.) paid package of cloud resources that you can buy. If you are a partner, you get 1 Starter Package included in the annual fee. If you need more resources to develop your app then you must buy additional packages.

When a customer of you buys your application from SAP Store, he needs to also buy a package of cloud resources (like the Starter Package) in order to run your application. So, the customer pays twice - once to you for the application, and another time to SAP for the cloud resources.

Currently, this is the only legally approved selling process we have. We are working on the legal aspects of another model where the customer "subscribes" to the partner's application. In this case the customers does not need to buy their own cloud resources, but the application they buy still runs in the partner's account and the partner is billed for the cloud resources.

If the application is targeted for only one customer then there is no sense to publish it on SAP Store. In this case I believe the partner program does not apply. The customer should just buy a package of cloud resources to develop and productively run the application.

Disclaimer! Although I am an SAP employee, the above interpretation is my personal understanding of the partner program. It must not be taken as a legal advice - just like anything else posted in this community forum. I highly recommend that you ask such questions to the contacts available on web site of the partner program: https://www.sapcloudappspartnercenter.com/

Greetings,

Kaloyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kaloyan,

thanks for this reply - it helped me much!!

But now I have a continuative question:

All the offered cloud solution in the SAP Store require SAP Business ByDesign, right!?

So the user/enterprise of a SAP Cloud App need Business ByDesign and a SAP cloud resources..

Does I appreciate this correctly?

Greetings,

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Business ByDesign and SAP NetWeaver Cloud are different things. It is possible to develop an application on NetWeaver Cloud that integrates with Business ByDesign, but this is not mandatory. So, there is no direct requirement for customers, who buy a NetWeaver Cloud-based application from SAP Store, to also buy Business ByDesign.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, okay..

I run through the SAP Store "Cloud Solution" - and nearly all listed apps there requires SAP Business ByDesign.

So, what brings the enterprise a Cloud App - without SAP Business ByD? Could someone say an example, what kind of cloud solution runs "alone", without SAP Business ByDesign? How will it be realized?

Or does the end consumer/enterprise anyway has to join the Business ByDesign OR a (Starter) Package of Cloud resources?!

Thanks for the help..

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We launched the partner program just recently. We have a few partners already signed and developing solutions, and one of them recently passed certification of their app. So, currently there is no partner applications based on NW Cloud in SAP Store. We expect this first certified app to appear on SAP Store very soon.

As I said, it is not really necessary to integrated your NW Cloud app with ByDesign. A cloud app can extends existing OnPremise assets (like ERP) by using the NW Cloud Connectivity Service. This is de facto a secured tunnel between NW Cloud and the OnPremise site. For example, you can develop some dashboard app on NW Cloud that fetches data from OnPremise ERP though the tunnel.

So, no - the end consumer does not need to join ByDesign, but yes - the end consumer must buy own cloud resources (as mentioned this the only legally approved selling option).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay - it's clearer now

But one thing still make me confuse: the SAP Store comprised the flag "Cloud Solutions" (https://store.sap.com/sap/cp/ui/resources/store/html/Solutions.html?pcntry=DE&sap-language=EN&catID=...), where are listed about 110 solutions of SAP and Partners.

So, this solutions doesn't accord with my "SAP NetWeaver Cloud" apps?!

What kind of function does they have - only for ByDesign solutions or respectively for portal ..?

tbieser
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Apps running on SAP NetWeaver Cloud will be found in the Cloud Solutions. The assumption is that consumers of such "Cloud Solutions" do not so much care about the underlying platform as long the solution is working as expected . So a cloud solution could be running on SAP ByDesign or SAP NetWeaver Cloud without the consumer of the app noticing.

However, in the cases where the consumer needs to understand the actual platform, for instance because there are dependencies such as "you need to have a ByD system running" then the SAP Store will make sure that you are actually able to run this app. Besides that the platform is transparent to the consumer.

Best,

Thomas.

Answers (0)