Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDS is in status generation possible always

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have 2 issues:

I am trying to create a msds report from the specification. When I check the report in CG56, the document is in the status " Generation possible" for a longer time ( say 2 days also)

and would not change the status. How do i release the report or change the status of this report. Is there any config change needs to be made to prepare the report immediately?.OR in doc type SBR, do i need to make any changes. Please explain.

2. When I try to create a report from specification, error pops up " Cannot create report for specification XXXXXXXX, variant YYYYYYY, language DE.

what is the reason for this and where am i comitting mistake.

Thanks and Regards

Dhinesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhinesh,

for the first issue -

there could be couple of reasons -

1. Generation variant data not created properly - for ex - Rating/Validity data, Initial release status - other than "RE", etc.,

2. WWI RFC connections not proper.

3. Batch jobs not scheduled related to wwi reports.

4. there could be a possibility in the wwi template, the symbols which does have function modules which were not react that time of report generation.

to cross check the same, whether this is related to Master data (or) wwi related. i can ask you to do a small test in your development system. Use CG36VEN transaction to create a report. use the same pseciification and report generation variant. If it's working fine and the report is with the status released........then we can conclude the issue is in the other side (wwi related).

for the second Issue -

check the Generation variant YYYYYYY, check the "validity area" field and "Rating/ Validity", Here if you are using other than the language "DE", obviously it will give this kind error.

In generation variant, if you are maintaining the language in "Rating/Validity", input the same language while generating the report in specification.

Regards

kamal

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dinesh

regarding 1: the issues as listed by Kamal are the "normal" reasons; main issue here: it is not easy to get the document generated once again; in the past in such situaiotn you need to remove using debug/replace the entries in ESTDH; I hope that you can regnerate without problem

regarding 2:

if there is not other error message then reasons as listeb by Kamal can be applied; I have nether had problems to generate a WWI report even if somebody is "locking" the spec in CG50

Make sure hat WWI report template is "released"

Do you use any kind of archive system instead of SAP DMS? in rare cases the RFC connection between SAP and archive is lost and then may this error message could come up; normally there are neough WWI servers used, so the report request should be put simply in the report request queue;

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhinesh,

Apart from detailed steps elaborated by Christoph and Kamal, try to do one small thing.

Go to CG5Z and monitor the WWI performance.

Do contact your BASIS team and ask them to Clear the Pending Jobs.

In my current project, I am facing this issue frequently almost 2 times per week and then I do follow above steps and then reports gets released.

Regards

Amol Joshi

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi C.B and Kamal,

Thank you for your replies.

I have been trying every possible way to generate a report but in vain.

The status was in generation possible yesterday and it has changed to system error today. im in dev system.

i tried to check if the generation server is actually running in windows services. When i tried to start the service, it kicked an error and i have attached a screenshot. Is there anything to do with this.

Let me tell you the steps i followed.

1. Copied a standard template CH-MSDS-EXAMPLE and released it.

2. Assigned a generation variant MMSDS with initial status as Generation succesful with validity area REG_WORLD.

3. Report can be created from specification management.

4. Tested the server in CG5Z and is up and running.

5. tested the RFC destination in SM59 which is also working fine.

6.The dispatch jobs EHS_REPSHIP_DISPATCHER are also working fine

but when i check in SM62, there are no events running in background.

7. The DMS is perfectly working with no errors.

Please guide me the checkpoints on where to check for errors if the report is not changing the status or not generating. Throw some light as I am find it hard to crack this..

thanks once again.

Dhinesh

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhinesh

It seems to be that you need additional access rights on the WWI server etc. (Admin rights etc.).  As Amol explained: this is done normally by the SAP core team taking care that on SAP side any job is running, RFC connecitons are there etc.; normally somebody different ist doing the WWI server set up etc. Regarding that: e.g. you can check SAP marketplace searching for the so called "WWI cookbook"; this OSS consulting note explains the setup of WWI servers etc. from scratch.

Normally in context of WWI DMS is not the issue but:

- RFC connection lost (as mentioned by Amol)

- WWI process stucks on WWI server (refer once again to WWI cookbook; you can activate "logs" in WWI process on WWI Server side to identify issues)

May be adapt you generation variant. It is not clever to use the status "Generation succesful" as the initial state. You should change that to "ready"; You should try this first; please use two SAP session. One with CG02 and one with CG50. Create your report in CG02; switch to CG50, use "refresh" button etc. If WWI set up etc is working the report should be within at max 5 min in status "Ready".

Check e.g.

http://help.sap.com/saap/sap_bp/BBLibrary/Documentation/939_ERP605_BPD_EN_US.doc

Regarding WWI cookbook. E.g. refer to:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1850730

PS: if you receive the error message as mentioned: please use transaction code SU53. It could happen that you need further SAP access rights as well.

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear everybody,

I am happy to find that the MSDS has been created succesfully after all attempts and referring Cookbook was the best option. It was necessary to follow every SAP note mentioned in the WWI COOKBOOK.

The SAP best practice document 850 BB config guide was incomplete with config settings.

Now I am able to create any report in any language using any variant.

Now that I am learning to create a report using symbols, phrases and parameters.

I hope that you would extend your help incase I find any issues.

I sincerely thank C.B and kamal for giving valuable feedback

Thank you once again for guiding me.

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please let me know if the WWI configuration, installation using Cookbook and printer configuration job is the responsibility of an EHS consultant like me or a BASIS consultant???

I ask this because it is pretty new to me and for the basis team.

regards

Dhinesh

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhinesh

that is a matter of your internal organisation. In most cases the SAP Core guys are doing the job with WWI server set up leaded/steered by EH&S consultant. Normally in your internal organisation somebody is responsible as well for SAP Gui roll out and as you now: for WWI in most cases you need on the top a local WWI installation.

Be awareof the fact that GLM needs a "different" setup. This is explained in Cookbook as well

C.B.

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear C.B

Thank u for ur reply. I understand that we as a functional EHS consultant should do the configuration stuff.

Now my next question is " If a EHSM server is installed centrally does it still require a local installation as well as referred in other blogs in SCN?

or what is the functionality behind this central and local installation....

Further more, if you have any documentation regarding creation of report template like MSDS using screenshots(using insert phrases,symbol) and importing vendor msds, please forward to my mail id at dhinsap@gmail.com.

Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks

Dhinesh

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dea Dhinesh

please start new thread. I am pretty sure you will receive answers to your last question.

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh

in regards to:

Now my next question is " If a EHSM server is installed centrally does it still require a local installation as well as referred in other blogs in SCN?

Answer is yes: you need a local installation. This local installation can be "skipped" for end users using EnhPack 3 options; but the developer needs a local installation.

I have never touched a company who has now a complete "central" set up. Therefore most of the companies still use local installation.

Regarding; importing vendor msds => just refer to online help: Currently we have two solutions in place; the "classic" one and a more "user" friendly one. Both are explained quite well in SAP online help.

IN regards of:

Further more, if you have any documentation regarding creation of report template like MSDS using screenshots

check the many documewnts we have now regarding WWI.  WWI is like ABAP. If you have understood the "basics" you can learn step by step. For WWI: I would assume that you need one year of "basic" WWI stuff, then one year of advanced WWI stuff and in the third year you are reday for use of GLM (depends clearly how often you have the chanxce to work on WWI topics).

C.B.

PS: Currently if you google. there a lots of videos available for EHS, not all of good quality; but some might help you in the start up phase..

Answers (0)