cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window 7 Drivers for CR XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to re-install CR XI on to my new Windows 7 laptop.  While installing I selected all of the ODBC drivers.  Now when I'm trying to Add a new System Data Source in the Windows ODBC Data Source Administrator, none of those drivers are available for me to choose.  I even went to the SASP download site and installed the "cr_datadirect53_win32" and I still do not have any of these choices.  What am I missing here??

Thanks, Rich

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rich

CR XI is not supported on WIN 7. Yo will have to upgrade to CR XI R2 SP6. Please have a look at the following blog re. how to:

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio/blog/2011/06/07/where-did-all-the-cry...

Make sure you uninstall CR XI before installing CR XI R2 and make sure you know your CR XI keycode as you will need it to install CR XI R2....

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Still no luck.  I followed your instructions and I'm still not getting any new choices when I'm trying to Add a new System Data Source in the Windows ODBC Data Source Administrator.  These are my only choices:

Is there another step needed to see the drivers I chose during the CR install?

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

You don't see all the drivers because you're looking at the 64-bit ODBC Administrator.

Go to "C:\Windows\SysWow64\odbcad32.exe". This is the 32-bit ODBC Administrator. CR will only support 32-bit ODBC DSNs.

Hope this helps!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  Your info was just what I needed.  It is all configured and running properly.

Thank you so much,

Rich

Answers (0)