cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenHub Destination with BEx Query (BW 7.3 SP 8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Just wondering any of you tried the option of using BEx query as source for OpenHub? Can you please share?

I created an openhub destination with few info objects (one char/one time char/one key figure/one unit of measure for test) and created a query with same objects. But when I try to create the transformation, I am getting the below message, when I am trying to create a new transformation.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Ramana,

This is a new feature of BI 7.3. There are prerequisites that you need to follow to be able to create a transformation.

1. The query should not contain any User Entry Variable

2. Query technical name should be less than 20 Characters

3. In RSRT - Query properties - "Query is used as InfoProvider" should be checked

4. While creating the transformation, you should not use the query technical name as I see from your screen shot. You have to select the right query from "F4". i.e. Input help. Then a technical name like 00O2TFP7ZV3V8T2577IZNXLDC this will appear and you are ready to go.

Please ask if something is not clear.

Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

Can this open hub used for a workbook as well?

Thanks,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also, I would like to dump the data into a SQL database. Do you have any steps for that?

I am running into issues like below:

-- ERROR ADBC database error (16) occurred

Thanks in advance,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

OHD will not directly work with the workbook. But you can use alternative approach. E.g. Broadcast the workbook directly to the location. You might have to change the workbook to achieve something that you wanted to do with OHD. But this should work.

For SQL database I don't have steps. But I can suggest the below steps to check.

1. Check if your RFC connection is working fine.

2. Check by reading some data from the SQL database in SAP system.

3. Check if the user used in RFC has authorization to write data into the table. You can also use the user name and password (from RFC) to login to the SQL as I remember.

Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Couple of questions on OHD -

• In RSRT - Query properties - "Query is used as InfoProvider" - is this a transportable setting?
  • Calculated Keyfigures and Formulas - not able to use in the OHD. Do you know any specific setting has to be done for these?
  • Any other limitations with OHD?

Thank you,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit

Does this work for queries on top of Composite Provider?

In RSRT - Query properties: the "Query is used as Infoprovider" setting is diabled for queries based on Composite providers.

What is to be done in such a case?

Regards

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to use a Nav Attribute in my OHD which is created based on a Bex query, how to get the field into open hub?

Thanks,

Balaji

0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

I'm also getting error while creating open hub on top of query using eclipse.

Also please tell me can we create open hub on top of open ods.

Please reply me.

Thank you,

Sureshkumar.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any updates to my query?

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Antony Jerald.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also trying to Use BEx query as source in My open Hub destination.

I have designed the query as per the pre requsites mentioned above.

However i am seeing the option in RSRT   " Query as a info provider " still greyed out.

I also try to release the query to Act as info provoider in RSDDB but it throws me an error as shown below

could you help me on this how to prcoeed further

Regards

V Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you translate the error message, you'll find it as "wird mehr als eine struktur in der query verwendet"

"there is more than one structure used in the query"

Please check your query whether you are using number of structure or not.

Plz refer and read the following document:

http://help.sap.de/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/4b/c347cd494650e9e10000000a15822b/frameset.htm

Regards,

Antony Jerald.

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ingo's blog explains how to create Bex Report as Data provider...

and If you have any Non Cumulative Keyfigures exists then you can do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried releasing the query as infoprovider through RSDDB transaction, as per the blog suggested by you. However, I get the below error.

Request your help.

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please verify if your query is

• It is an input-ready query. An aggregation level is used as the InfoProvider.
  • Input-ready mandatory variables are used in the query. (As indexing runs in the background, no entries can be made.)
  • The query contains a temporal hierarchy join. (The result cannot be stored in a "flat" index.)
  • The query contains more than one structure
  • Calculations in the query cannot be performed before aggregation. Indexing can be performed despite this, but the relevant key figures cannot be used in every context.
  • Local aggregation is used. The system ignores this during indexing. (The query result in the OLAP Engine is not the same as the one that the user sees.)
  • The technical name of the query is more than 20 letters long. An index ID is formed from the query name. There is a technical limitation for this.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you said is fine and we have bex query which doesn't have any filters added to it.  But I didn't get answer to my question:

"

Does this work for queries on top of Composite Provider?

"

We have bex query on top of Composite provider which gives errors as shown above reply.

Kindly suggest how can we take it up in case of composite providers to use it in open Hub.

Regards,

Antony Jerald.