cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot start Dashboards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Windows 7 with Office 2007.  I am able to enter the trial licence but then I get the error below.  I have tried killing the excel process if it running prior to starting Dashboard.  I have also tried other tips on this forum but no success.

On my other PC I have Windows XP and Dashboards works fine.  Is there something different with W7?

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mostly, this kinds of error can be caused by two factors:

1. Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries are missing.
  2. Software problem.

If the issue is caused by #1, you can reinstall the Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries to resolve the problem.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displa...

If the issue still persists after installing above package, the issue should be a software problem. I suggest you take a clean boot check whether it is a software conflict issue. If not, it is still recommended to address the problem with manufacturer support. Thank you for your understanding.

For your convenience:

Clean Boot

=============================

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.
  2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).
  3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".
  4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please monitor the system in the Clean Boot environment. If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Thanks for your reply however it did not work.  I removed and then reinstalled Microsoft Visual Studio and the did the clean boot and restarted my computer.  I still get the error.  My question is when you say to follow up with manufacturer support, who would that be, SAP?

Cheers!

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

Please see Note 1676695 - Assertion Failed Exception for shared_ptr.hpp when installing .NET runtimes for Business Objects 4.0

This can happen if you do not have the VS 2005 C++ Runtimes installed.

Download the VS 2005 C++ runtimes (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3387) and install, then run the .NET runtimes installer again.

Login with administrator in the system and perform the below activity.

• Re Install the Microsoft Visual Studio
  • Check the latest patch available from the SAP Market Place www.service.sap.com/swdc
  • Re Install the Dashboards.

Hope this help you as well.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

I decided to verify the versionos of VSC++ (2005, 2008 & 2010) and .NET on my computer...can this cause a problem?  I will go through your steps as well.

tks

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

Please follow the steps below:

• Re Install the Microsoft Visual Studio
  • Check the latest patch available from the SAP Market Place www.service.sap.com/swdc
  • Re Install the Dashboards.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

When you say to "Re Install the Microsoft Visual Studio", which version?  2005, 2008 or 2010?

Should I also remove all the other VSC++ versions?

I cannot complete step #2 as I do not have an account - does that matter?

Cheers!

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

First Remove all the selected Microsoft Visual C++ Software from the Control Panel

And then Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistribution Software.

Please follow the steps below:

• Re Install the Microsoft Visual Studio (As i mentioned above)
  • SAP Crystal Solution Dashboards 4.0 Download Page:

Links: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/crystal-xcelsius-downloads

• Re Installing SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0 using the below URL Steps

Links: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25568

Hope this help you as well. After completion of your activity please close the thread.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having trouble starting Dashboards 2011 (Dept version) for the first time. I am on Win 7 64bit with Office 2010 32bit. I am getting an error message of "server busy". When I killed excel in the task manager and restarted Dashboards I am getting the error "Could not connect to Excel". When I close that message and then try to start again I get the "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error message. Will the above solution work or is this purely for the 2008 version.

I tried the steps on this post but not much help. Any help or advice will be grehttp://search.sap.com/notes?id=0001231902&boj=/sap/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do?access=69765F6D6F64...at.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

For Windows 7 and Office 2010.

• Check the file it has downloaded correctly or not.
    • For this Download and install 7-Zip from http://www.7-zip.org/
    • Browse the file and select that one, Click TEST.If the file is corrupted download it again.
  • Install  .Net framework 4.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/dlx/en-us/default.aspx?FamilyID=0A391ABD-25C1-4FC0-919F...

• Install Microsoft visual c++2008 Redistributable Package(x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29

• Install Microsoft visual c++2008 SP1 Redistributable Package(x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582

Now install Dashboard Design, Crystal Reports 2011

For more details, please refer the below thread regarding "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"

Links:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3261354

Hope this will help you as well.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dayal,

So I followed your instruction as above. I don't get the Server busy error anymore. What I do get is the error for Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library. I was able to debug Xcelsius with MS Visual Studio 2012 and I got the message that "the program cant start because BCM-4-0.dll is missing from your computer". I am also adding the debug report.

Also I am attaching the version of MS Visual C++ libraries on my PC for you to consider.

MS Visual Studio 2012 debug report produced below:

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\Xcelsius.exe'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\boezlib.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\msvcr80.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\TraceLog-4-0.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\icuuc30.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\icudt30.dll'. Module was built without symbols.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\msvcp80.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\xlparse.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\jsgen.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\icuuc38.dll'. Module was built without symbols.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\icudt38.dll'. Module was built without symbols.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\icuin38.dll'. Module was built without symbols.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.7601.18120_none_72d2e82386681b36\GdiPlus.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\BCGCBPRO910u80.dll'. Module was built without symbols.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_cbf5e994470a1a8f\mfc80u.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2\comctl32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbc32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\AccordionExtDll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\TreeBtnExtDll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msimg32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SensApi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winhttp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\webio.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\AddOnManager.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\cxlibw-5-0.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wsock32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'Xcelsius.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

The program '[3208] Xcelsius.exe' has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135) 'A dependent dll was not found'.

Best Regards,

Paul

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

It is better to uninstall and Install again because some dll is missing in your machine.

Thanks,

Daya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have resolved this by reinstalling the Microsoft tools completely.

Note: while uninstalling the tools, make sure everything got deleted related to that tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I know this thread is answered, but I think I may share this knowledge.

I just experienced the same issue, and resolved by simply open the Dashboard program as Administrator.

Hope this can help someone else.

Regards,

Daniel