cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Portal 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning to migrate our current Portal 7.0 to the latest 7.31 version.

Currently all the portal source codes are available within the PAR files in the Portal. Moving to 7.31, I understand this would be changed to EAR files. In the new version how can we get the source code?

Should we maintain the Portal source codes outside the PAR file i.e within NWDI or some source repository?

Regards,

Noufal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noufal,

Yes you are correct in 7.3 portal applications are packaged into EAR files there is a tool that converts the PAR files into the EAR format, but you will need to take care that all your code still works since in 7.3 there is a new underlying Java version and some of the standard Java and also SAP API's may have been changed or removed.

Generally I would say it is not good practice to keep the source code in the PAR file, esp. if you are managing more than a couple of custom developments. Something like NWDI is a good idea and gives you better management of custom code.

I hope this helps you,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently all the custom codes are in PAR files. So do you mean that this functionality is no more available with 7.31 and going further we would have to find an alternative method for maintaining the code.

So that would be an additional task in our upgrade then .

Does SAP gives any directives in this regards?

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can still keep your code in the archives, I think it just makes managing it (esp. in a team) a bit difficult. I believe SAP would recommend using NWDI, but you could use any source code repository you like.

BRgds,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I do not see the Support desk area in the Portal 7.31 . So how do I download these archives?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you can't import/export PAR files in 7.3 like you could in 7.0. I suggest you take a look at this document for some guidance: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-22884

Hth,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this link solves my doubt.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2125844

Thank you

Regards,

Noufal

Answers (0)