cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum and Maximum amounts of a wage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I define minimum and maximum amounts for a Wage type in 'Define Pay Scale Salary ranges' but it is not working.

In infotype 8 Annual Salary is showing 0.00

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am planning to appear for SAP HR from USA without training.Can you guys please help me with the proess of registration.

i am an independent SAP HR consultant.

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two tables in maintaining pay.

One is T710, which stores the min, max, and reference salary information.

The other is T510 where it store absolute amount, no min or max.

What you configured is the first one (T710). You've specified the min/max value, which is used as a guideline to check if annual salary is within guidance ranges. It will NOT default annual salary into P0008.

T510, which stores absoluate amount will. It is called indirect evaluation mode. At the wage type field on IT0008, one of the column store the "I". If the "I" is there, it is indirect evaluated. Thus meaning based upon Pay Type, Pay Area, Pay Grade, and Pay level, the person should be making "X" amount. With that, it will be a lookup to T510 table and return back to P0008. Annual salary will calculate automatically based upon that value against the person work schedule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I configure min and max salary not from Per Management---PA--Payroll Data -

Basic Pay----Define Pay Scale Ranges

I created PS Group and PS Level

In Detail view, it is Salary Margin Block. I entered min and max amount.

In PA 30, Infotype 8, I entered more amount than maximum but the system accepted it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is one location you could maintain the pay structure. Another place which is the same table is under

Personnel Management -> Compensation Management -> Job Pricing

In the area where you define your pay type, pay area, and reference salary with the start date and end date, towards the bottom there is a place where it ask you if you want to check for the range. You could specify to warn you, hard stop error, or no error.

This is how it works..

When you configure your pay structure with the min/max/midpoint in the pay table, you will configure it as "Annual Salary". So the frequency will need to be selected as "Annual" not monthly or any other.

In infotype 0008, when you enter in the annual salary, "IF" IT0008 is configured properly, it will auto calculate the wage type value based upon the workschedule assumption.

So let say the wage type config is usually set in accordance to the payroll area frequency of pay (also T510W controls it as well). Weekly, Bi-weekly, semi month, monthly etc.

The annual salary amount you enter will check back against the pay structure, given you have the right pay type, pay area, pay grade, and pay level matching the pay structure combination you've created. If the config is set to warn only, it will warn you saying the new annual salary amount is not within range. If it is set to error, you get a warning, but can't save at all. Or set to no error wher eyou don't see any error.

http://www.saphelpbykevin.net there is an article there that sort of explain basic pay usage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I configured both T510 and T710. Still amount is not coming in infotype 8 automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the same tick on rewrite indicator.

<b>Reminder : Points should be given on answers.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tick on rewrite indicator.but in infotype 8 amount is not coming automatically? Please help.