cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Intelligence condition with key element of infoobject

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Business Objects 4.0 SP4 web intelligence with BICS.

In the query panel I am not able to move a key object into the conditions of the quey panel
(e.g. Calendar year - Key - 0CALYEAR.20CALYEAR ). The key object can only be dragged to the
result objects.

However, the normal calendar year object (not the calendar year key object) can be dragged to the condition panel

Sometimes, it helps to drag the object first to the result panel and then to the condition panel (However for keys this trick is not working)

Any idea to solve this issue ? It is much more performant to filter queries with keys.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you see texts in the dimension for your comfort, but internally webi will filter using keys.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

->but internally webi will filter using keys.

Is there a document where I can see this limitation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know any publically available document exlpaining this, but you can observe this when you save a prompt with a language dependent text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean with language dependent text ? How can I observe this with a prompt ? I can't drag a key object into the condition panel ? Therefore I'm confused when you talk about a text object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe you have two questions, let me split those:

Can filter on attribute objects using Webi and accessing BW with BICS?

-> No. This is the same behaviour in BW (transaction rsrt), or BEx Analyzer. Attributes in Web Intelligence correspond to "display attributes" in BW, per definition no filtering is allowed here. If you want to filter on those, you need to do a bit of remodeling in BW and convert a "display attribute" into a "navigation attribute" (dimension in webi).

If you are simply more comfortable seeing and searching using keys, you can display those:

Language dependent text:

You can filter on "raw material 1", and afterwards update this text in BW to "raw material 2", you will see that the filter in webi will keep working as before. Similar behaviour with different languages (language dependency).

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the approach you followed.

No prob for me about german language, but one thing about the transitive att: Did you have to reload the cube for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to determine during the modelling phase which attributes are part of a dimension as transitive attributes (in order to filter master data of master data - as attributes of navigational attributes can't be used for filtering).

Then you need to load all your master data and cubes.

Answers (0)