cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dangerous Goods Checks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was going through the Configuration for EH&S - DGM. In "Specify Usage Profiles for Dangerous Goods  Checks Method"  there are 7 different check methods.

00001GENERAL CHECKS
00002PERMISSIBILITY OF MODE OF TRANSPORT CATEGORY
00003POISONOUS BY INHALATION
00004INITIALIZATION MODULE FOR HEADER CHECK METHODS
00005MIXED LOADING CHECKS
00006QUANTITY/PACKCODE CHECK DELIVERY
00007QUANTITY/PACKCODE CHECK ORDER

What I have understood by this config step is that it specifies the criteria about when the DG are to be performed.

1. want know is how are these profile are different in business process wise.

2. Is this config step mandatory or not.

3. where will this config effects the functionality

Regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

As part of standard SAP, Most of them are part of "Specify Dangerous Goods check methods".

These are the checks, when you are dealing with sales order or delivery.....these checks will be initiated. each check have different function module assigned in the above mentioned config.

for your questions -

1. want know is how are these profile are different in business process wise.

each check have different business process.

GENERAL CHECKS - deals with the checks in DG master record and route not maintained in delivery header

PERMISSIBILITY OF MODE OF TRANSPORT CATEGORY -  It checks further, the mode of transport category maintained in the sales order and compares with the DG master.

POISONOUS BY INHALATION - Purely checks the DG master records and the customer master (customer region), if any of the material have this field enabled.

INITIALIZATION MODULE FOR HEADER CHECK METHODS - This is header level check of the order/ delivery, which must have the data records and the documents.

MIXED LOADING CHECKS - If the business feels that the material produced by them have opposite properties, which can leads to explosion/ High hazardous results....then these are not allowed to transport them in single loading. while creating the order/ delivery system response with warning (or) error.

QUANTITY/PACKCODE CHECK DELIVERY/ QUANTITY/PACKCODE CHECK ORDER - Only valid, if the business using Handling unit management to differentiate the package units.

2. Is this config step mandatory or not.

"Specify Usage Profiles for Dangerous Goods  Checks Method" is not mandatory if you don't have the checks................. validity area/Region wise.

3. where will this config effects the functionality

For a particular material, that is restricted in US region....due to some of the property in DG master. the other regions the same material is acceptable.

In this case you can't keep a blanket rule across the regions.

The same can be handled with the functionality "Listing/ Exclusion" in Sales and distribution module, whether the material is valid for that country/ region.

Regards

kamal

sruthi_srinivasan
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a given business scenarion where the following profile fits axactly to what I am looking to confiigue, can you please help me with the complete configuration steps & Master Data setup....

MIXED LOADING CHECKS - If the business feels that the material produced by them have opposite properties, which can leads to explosion/ High hazardous results....then these are not allowed to transport them in single loading. while creating the order/ delivery system response with warning (or) error.

For the above functionality business wants one Sales Order should be created, whereas delivery should split for these materials and system shouldn't allow to attach these deliveries to same shipment.....

Thanks and appriciate your response.

Aquil.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamal and Joshi, thanks for the input, have got good understanding in the topic....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay,

Kamal has already conveyed you the technical part of the DG. I am trying to brief you about DG and DG Checks from functional perspective.

Basically the purpose of the SAP Dangerous Good Management module is

●  Edit dangerous goods-relevant material data

●  Edit dangerous goods master records

●  Define dangerous goods checks and run them in sales and distribution processing

●  Define dangerous goods documents and output them automatically or manually

●  Send dangerous goods data in electronic form for a delivery or a shipment

It has integration with

●  Materials Management (MM)

●  Sales and Distribution (SD)

●  Environment, Health and Safety (EHS)

DG Checks:This component is used to check SD documents according to dangerous goods regulations. This component is integrated in the creation process for sales, shipping, and shipment documents.

Dangerous goods checks facilitate the implementation of dangerous goods regulations and accelerate the creation of SD documents, as dangerous goods checks can be performed automatically or on request when creating and processing SD documents.

We need to make corresponding settings in Customizing to specify which checks are to be performed at which stage and how documents are to be processed further. In this way, the situation is avoided where deliveries or shipments leave company although they do not comply with the appropriate dangerous goods regulations.

In dangerous goods checks in sales, User can check whether the dangerous goods material to be sold can be delivered in view of the dangerous goods regulations mapped in the system.

Each dangerous goods check is implemented as a user exit, and we can enhance it as required.

There are different was to start DG Checks. If dangerous goods checks are activated, they are started automatically when you save an SD document. Checks can be started in this way when creating and processing SD documents online as well as creating them in collective processing.

Also, when creating a sales document in the background using a BAPI for example, or when transferring data for the first time, the dangerous goods checks are started when user save.

After they have been activated, the Dangerous goods check pushbutton appears on the interface for SD documents. User can use this button to start dangerous goods checks as required

The results of dangerous goods checks (positive and negative) are recorded in a log.

I hope, this will give you brief idea about it.

Thanking You !

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a given business scenarion where the following profile fits axactly to what I am looking to confiigue, can you please help me with the complete configuration steps & Master Data setup....

For the above functionality business wants one Sales Order should be created, whereas delivery should split for these materials and system shouldn't allow to attach these deliveries to same shipment.....

Thanks and appriciate your response.

Aquil.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aquil

a.) start may be new thread

b.) don't mix EHS with SD topic. The "split" of delivery (based on whatever criteria) is a standard SD feature according to my knowledge (and you can do a lot of programming to "customize").

c.) and donÄt mix delivery with shipment. Once again different EHS set up; different SAP ERP process (but highly integrated if needed)

You can not write in "one" pager all the necessary set up, prerequisites etc. to take care your demand. On the top you can use company specific "load together" rules (or more precisely: do not load together)

PLease check therefore SAP Help for SG set up as well fo SD set up. Sorry

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I did started the new theard, not sure how it got mixed-up with this one, my aplogies for the confusion....

Here is the link for new thread....

EH&S Dangerous Goods "Mixed Loading Check" profile usage

Thanks,

Aquil.