cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO4 - Not picking up latest universe changes automatically + refresh individual data providers

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing following issues

1)  Using BO4 SP5.

When make change in universe (unx file)  when look at sql behind query still shows old sql and runs old sql when refresh.

If remove object manually from query then reinsert object picks up new sql.

Why not doing automatically?  Related to some sort of caching?

In old XIR2 would simply log out then in again and picks up new sql automtically.

How can we ensure sql updated automtically.?

Have logged in and out but still same behavuiour.

2)  Whne select individuall dat aproivders to refresh looks to refresh all data porviders in the query as say sno dat to fect in queryies 1,2,3 - when we are selecting just refresh of query 4.

Why is this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

From webi,  it should be transparent for existing reports,  once the new UNX has been exported to repository.  Perhaps your testing a local universe using rich client dekstop?

For completeness: Editing the webi dataprovider, reconfirming the object-mappings by doing 'update datasource' (to point the new version of the universe) then doing 'Apply changes and Close' from the query panel  will definitely reflect the latest SQL statement.

However, if the object definitions and syntax  themselves have changed, then probably not. Hence your longer workaround.

I can't answer your point 2 .  copy/paste the sql script from thw query panel, and run it locally against your DB instance, using a utility like SQL plus. what happens then?

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for response.

Using bi launchpad so defintely central copy of unx file.

Do you have a screenshot of the update data source option - cannot seem to find?

Individual queries run fine in sqlplus.

notice alos when go into raw data and look at last refresh only looks to shwo date rather than date and time like XIR2 - any reason why/option to show date (including tome) on when last data provider refreshed?

Thanks

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Goto Data Tab in WebI >> Data Access tab>>Select Datasource(right click)>>Change Data Source>>Select UNX>>Map the objects>>refresh report.

Thanks,

Jothi

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks fo update.

However, this will not be a practical solution for all reports.

Just wondering if some setting somewhere which means changes in unx file not being picked up automatically?

Thanks

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you tried to "Refresh Structure"  of data foundation in IDT?.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-22064

Thanks,

Jothi

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not relevant to us.

Changed an object (dimesnion which basically a user message

object definition similar to below

before

case when error_message like '%Wrong product%'

then 'Error'

end

new one

case when error_message like '%Wrong poduct%'

then 'Error - wrong product'

end

but when look at sql behind existin report shows old sql unless do the manul refreshes as per above.

Want the universe changes to be automatically cascaded into the reports without such manual intervention.

XIR2 beahved automatically - I'm sure BO4 will - just wonder if we have some switch/need to dsiable some sort of caching?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am seeing the same behavior with BI4.1 SP4, universe changes not being picked up automatically by existing reports.

Have you ever found out is there was an explanation and fix for this?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested this on 4.2 SP3. When you refresh a webi document as an administrator the query is updated and refreshed correctly. But with a non-administrator account, even after assigning full control to report, universe and connection folder and WebI and IDT applications it doesn't update automatically.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Raoul

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is an ongoing problem with 4.1 sp05 as well.

I use Dashboards 4.1 and Query browser objects.  In my case, I will add dozens of new objects to the IDT business layer, but the changes are not viewable in Dashboards 4.1.... until the next day.

its an odd bug.

I would like a workaround.

johannes_nissen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried to include the SQL-Parameter "AUTO_UPDATE_QUERY" with value "YES" into the SQL-Parameters of the UNX-properties?

As far as I remember this did the trick for me.

Regards - Johannes

open UNX

Click on DFX

Click on SQL-Parameters

Add "AUTO_UPDATE_QUERY" to the list of Parameters

Set Value to "YES"

Confirm - OK

export universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

above solution does not work on 4.1 sp5

former_member420411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Refresh the Universe and saved into repository,

open the report edit mode and see the universe is reflecting or not. and try to refrsh it.

If above not works, ask to BO Admin to stop start the Input/ output FRS.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also experiencing the same issue, I am on BI4 SP06. Every change in the .blx file should be automatically picked up by all webi reports that use that universe/blx when the report is closed an open it up again.

It doesn't make sense to remap the fields again and/or log off from LaunchPad to update the reports.

Has anybody found what the issue is?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

review in the richclient the properties of the report,

you can uncheck  the option extend merged dimension values in order  to quit the mismatch products

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for response but not uisng rich client.

Problem realtes to existing reports not automatically picking up  objecstw hcih changed in uinverse.

Thanks