cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to see SAP Start Services are running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I wander how to see SAP Start Services are running. Namely I have situation like in note 1401712.

I can not check it via port 50013 and via jcmon I can see server0 and icm are running(not sure though for scs and maybe something more)

It is the portal part (instance) of an BI 7.3 system which I would like to patch

If I see according to your instruction SCS is not running hoe to make it running

Than you in advance

jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan bo,

You can  see it using the SAP MMC if your using sapcontrol sap start stop methods with http://<hostname>:5<inst nr>13.

where hostname is your sap system hostname and Inst nr. Is installation number.

Let us know if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Bo,

We can check that the SAP is running or not, I also I had the same question before so I got the solution here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Jan,

You can check the SAP start services by issuing below command by logging as <SID>adm user.

ps -ef | grep sapstartsrv

If your SCS instance is not running go to the work directory of instance (/usr/sap/SID/SCSxx/work)

check the latest updated log files there to figure out the error.

Regards,

Saju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case if your OS is UNIX, LINUX or AIX,

Please execute as per the Deepak Kori suggestion.

You can also try with ps -ef | grep sidadm for SAP related services...

If you wish to check for Oracle related services, try using ps -ef | grep orasid

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

For JAVA specific processes you need to use jcmon. For database specific processes you may run the command ps -eaf | grep <SID>

It will list down all the processes running for SAP <SID>.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can check it  in log files located in below path

/usr/sap/SID/SCS<No>/work

Otherwise if your OS is unix u can check like below

>ps -ef|grep ms

it will give the processes running check in that if any process is running from /usr/sap/SID/SCS process name should be started with ms.<folder name>.

you can sam for Enque also

>ps -ef|grep en

it will give the processes running check in that if any process is running from /usr/sap/SID/SCS process name should be started with en.<folder name>.

Thnanks

Mahipal