cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

javascript error prevents paging from working in hap_document

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are generating performance appraisals in a modified version of the BSP hap_document. We have a manager in Mexico who has more than one page of employees under him. We are using IE8. When we try to use the page control arrows at the bottom of the page, we are getting an error message, that contains the following:

Line: 177

Char: 9

Code: 0

URI: https://xxx.com/sap/public/bsp/sap/htmlb/events.js?0008

The javascript error does not allow us to advance to the next page of employees.

When we access an U.S. manager with more than one page of employees, the paging works correctly. Looking at CL_HTTP_EXT_BSP_HTMLB, it appears that we have never modified it.

I believe the problem originates in our version of hap_document, but I haven't found the place in the code where the paging is controlled. It isn't in the layout tab for our overview screen.

Can someone tell me where the events.js is called in the standard hap_document and then I can see if that is my problem.

Or can someone shed some light on why it would work for our U.S. manager, but not our Mexico manager.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get solution to this issue?

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Navya,

this could be also browser-dependent issue. please check Product Availability Matrix. Just an example: IE9 and higher browsers are supported only by Design2008. Using application with Design2008 + IE9 or higher could lead couple of issues.

Regards,

Adrian

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We were able to resolve issue by activating service Design2008 and and clearing ICM cache globally.

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats great, now you can mark the thread with "question answered"

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guess Ed Left would have to mark the question answered as it was created by him