SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockbox and then FPB7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies for duplicate post.

The earlier post got marked "Assumed Answered" by mistake.

We are loading the Lockbox file from FLB2.

The data is loaded and the tables FEBKO and FEBEP are populated with data.

The I am executing FPB7 to create a lot.

The job log says:

Missing Customizing in table TFK028G (BAI2  H)

0 item(s) transferred to Paymt lot.

0 item(s) incorrect (not transferred to Paymt lot).

0 item(s) transferred to Returns lot.

0 item(s) incorrect (not transferred to Returns lot).

0 item(s) transferred to Payment Order Lot.

0 item(s) incorrect (not transferred to Payment Order Lot).

0 Check Encashments posted

0 Check Encashments defective (not posted)

1 items not transferred

The lot is not created.

Can you one please assist me as to what should be missing?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor

Hi Pranu,

The message (>U,383) that you are getting is getting triggered from the FM FKK_EXT_TRANSACT_CODE_READ, which gets triggered during the execution of transaction FPB7.

Basically, these FM tries to retrieve the Business Transaction Type (TFK082G-GSVORGART) by giving the transaction type (TFK082G-VGTYP) and the external transaction (TFK082G-VGEXT).

If the FM is unable to retrieve any value, it is giving the message "Missing Customizing in table TFK028G"

Go to the following config node to check the transaction type that you are using for the lockbox payments processing-

SPRO->Financial Accounting->Bank Accounting->Business Transactions->Payment Transactions->Electronic Bank Statement->Make Global Settings for Electronic Bank Statement

Double click on the "Create Transaction Type" folder to find the list of the Transaction types and find the one that you are using for the lockbox payments.

Once you have selected the transaction type, double-click on "Assign External Transaction Types to Posting Rules" folder to find the external transactions and the corresponding sign..

Now maintain the transaction type, the external transactions and the sign that you got above in the following customizing node (TFK082G), along with the Business Transaction Type (01 for payments, 02 for returns, 03 for Payment Order and 04 for Cheque encashment)-

SPRO->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Business Transactions->Payments->Define Transactions for Electronic Bank Statement Transfer.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor

Hi Pranu,

The message (>U,383) that you are getting is getting triggered from the FM FKK_EXT_TRANSACT_CODE_READ, which gets triggered during the execution of transaction FPB7.

Basically, these FM tries to retrieve the Business Transaction Type (TFK082G-GSVORGART) by giving the transaction type (TFK082G-VGTYP) and the external transaction (TFK082G-VGEXT).

If the FM is unable to retrieve any value, it is giving the message "Missing Customizing in table TFK028G"

Go to the following config node to check the transaction type that you are using for the lockbox payments processing-

SPRO->Financial Accounting->Bank Accounting->Business Transactions->Payment Transactions->Electronic Bank Statement->Make Global Settings for Electronic Bank Statement

Double click on the "Create Transaction Type" folder to find the list of the Transaction types and find the one that you are using for the lockbox payments.

Once you have selected the transaction type, double-click on "Assign External Transaction Types to Posting Rules" folder to find the external transactions and the corresponding sign..

Now maintain the transaction type, the external transactions and the sign that you got above in the following customizing node (TFK082G), along with the Business Transaction Type (01 for payments, 02 for returns, 03 for Payment Order and 04 for Cheque encashment)-

SPRO->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Business Transactions->Payments->Define Transactions for Electronic Bank Statement Transfer.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

This has been very helpful.

Another question:

The ID on FPB7 is mandatory. If lockbox create multiple IDs in a single file run, how can we automate this?

Was the Mass Activy Type for FPB7 in FPSCHEDULER?    

Thanks    

Pranu

0 Kudos

Hi Pranu,

Are you trying to create multiple Payment lot from a single file using multiple IDs?

If yes, its possible, you have to develop a custom program, which will split the file into multiple IDs based on the buisness requirement, say, on the payment method, like cash, cheque and then pass the parameters for each of them to create a seperate lot.

This custom program would act as a monitoring job which would monitor all the sub programs and once all the sub programs has been completed, the main program would get completed.

It's adviced to run the custom program in background.

FPB7 is not a mass program and so you will not find any mass activity type for the same in FPSCHEDULER.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

The BAI2 file that I get from bank does create 2 different IDs (Short Keys) in some cases.

Eg: In a perticular case, based on teh data in the file, the Lock Box program : RFEBLB00 creates 2 IDs.

ID 1001 and 1002.

In foreground, I execute FPB7 2 times. Once for each ID. This is fine.

But I want to schedule FBB7 so that is is automated as a job.

ID is like a mandatory on FPB7. If I dont enter, the no data error is thrown.

My question is how to automate this FPB7 call.

I can have a Z program to select data and SUBMIT FPB7

Or

Make a ZFPB7

but we dont want to get into Z thing.

Thanks    in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi Pranu,

I would recommend you to go with the first option- To develop a custom program which would select the data and submit it into FPB7.

Bascially this custom program will take the Source file as input, and based on the data will split the Source file into two intermediate file have multiple IDs and then call the lock box program, RFEBLB00.

Once the program, RFEBLB00, is called, it does the rest by creating, closing and posting the lot as per the standard functionality.

As told in my previous post, you can also use this custom program as a monitoring program which would monitor all the sub programs and once all the sub programs has been completed, the main program would get completed.  

Also, while submitting the intermediate files to the program,RFEBLB00, maintain a delay of atleast10 secs between each of the submission. 

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks....

Another quick question if you can assist.

I am getting the below error in the FPB7 job log.

Pranu    

0 Kudos

Hi Pranu,

Check SAP note 1628326 and 1750325.

If the issue mentioned in the note is the same as what you are facing as well, then try to implement the note.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan...!!

Lockbox is Unlocked and you helped a lot

0 Kudos

@Amlanbanerjee. Unlike EBS, Lockbox does not have transaction type. A 6 record for check level details and 4 for remittances. So in this case what to maintain