cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP receiver channel url to connect to ICO

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I have a scenario where i have to connect to an ICO from a SOAP receiver channel. Please find the details of the scenario below :-

I have two XI boxes - first one in PI 7.31 and second box in PI 7.11

i have a message which flows from a sender service in the first box, goes into a SOAP receiver, and from the url mentioned in the SOAP receiver, it triggers a sender SOAP channel inside the second PI box, which in turn is the sender channel of an ICO present in the second box. It then goes to a party receiver.

This was achieved previously using a SOAP protocol in the SOAP receiver channel. However, when we followed this approach, we needed to maintain a SOAP receiver and SOAP sender channel per interface.

So now we tried to replace the SOAP protocol with the XI 3.0 protocol.

With this we needed to maintain the destination in nwa.

The connection url is

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?ximessage=true

I have configured the channel now with this destination. However now the receiver channel fails with the following exception. Can you please let me know what is wrong with the url?

"SOAP: error occured: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.srt.BubbleException: HTTP Response Received. Status Code = 500 [null "null"]SOAP: error occured: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.srt.BubbleException: HTTP Response Received. Status Code = 500 [null "null"]"

regards,

ninu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ninu,

Please share you solution for this..

We are also facing same issue and our landscape is same like yours.

We are getting error in Sender PI Box.

With Regards

Amarnath M

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

So now we tried to replace the SOAP protocol with the XI 3.0 protocol.

With this we needed to maintain the destination in nwa.

The connection url is

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?ximessage=true

As far as I know, XI 3.0 protocol is only used for ABAP/Java Proxies. You can revert to the previous URL which is http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=p:s:c . Your ICO will work with this setting.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply, but with SOAP protocol it surely works. since we have several interfaces flowing from the first box to the next, we are trying to reduce the number of channels.

In fact it is an upgrade that we are working on. And previously we were using an XI channel to directly place the message in the integration engine of the second box. In that case we needed just one channel. But now after the upgrade, we are trying to make sure that the second box uses only AAE processing and hence cannot use the XI channel. So we had to use SOAP with SOAP protocol. Now  we are still trying to replace this with SOAP with XI protocol, if possible that is.

Regards,

ninu

Regards,

ninu

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ninu,

I have an alternative option.

Create a RFC destination in PI 7.31 box pointing to PI 7.11 and use SOAP adapter with XI protocal and define the RFC destination created for PI 7.11

This will help you to receive messages directly in other PI box.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Anand,

But that would it work even if the receiving box is continuing the message flow in an ICO?

Regards,

ninu

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, I couldn't understand your query.

But if I am guessing correct then you mean to ask if you use this RFC destination then that would work in ICO or not... My answer is yes because in ICO you need to mention the receiver channel only.. and at PI you will have the conventional configuration.

Regards

Anand

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ninu,

>>>Now  we are still trying to replace this with SOAP with XI protocol, if possible that is.

I also tried that a year ago (for a similar requirement) and got the info from SAP that this is not possible,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk