cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany projects & expenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I would appreciate some discussions around this area!

My client has two companies; Company A based in the UK and Company B Based in France.

Company B buys all its professional services for its customer projects from Company A.

I have successfully set up ByD to allow for intercompany projects to run automatically, creating Sales Orders from Purchase orders, and for employees to record their time against the correct project task.

However, reporting expenses is proving a little more cumbersome!

UK based employees incur costs when working on these intercompany projects.

BUT.....

They cannot edit cost assignment in their expense reports to allocate expenses to either the French project (because it's French) or to the intercompany Project or associated Sales Order.

My question is what have I missed?

how does an employee of Company A report their expenses incurred whilst working on an intercompany project for Company B, when company B is in a different country?

Can't wait to hear!

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

have you read my blog here (http://scn.sap.com/community/business-bydesign/blog/2013/02/01/intercompany-projects-in-sap-business...)?

To track expenses in a intercompany project, you have to manually add a position of type "limit" to the automatically generated purchase order. This "service position" must be declared as "expenses" in product master data.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas,

Unfortunately I still am facing the "intercompany / intercountry problem. since even with the expense item on the orders, UK employees cannot report their expenses against a French project 😞

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

in my opinion that's no country depending problem cause we have this process implemented by one of our customer who has a geram and a switzerland company. For this customer the process works well.

I don't know how we could go forward on this, perhaps you could post more detailed information about your configuration. You sad the steps in my blog post doesn't work for you? At which step you get anoter result or error?

Otherwise we could do a quick web session to take a look on your config? Perhaps tomorrow after 17:00 CET.

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas, thanks for your kind offer of help. I would like to talk with you, but today is impossible, can we schedule sometime Wednesday or Thursday?

Thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Wednesday and Thursday is not possible but Friday would work for me. Ok?

Andreas