cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Waste Management Configuration/Implementation Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

Does anyone have or know of a Configuration or Implementation Guide for SAP Waste Management module?

We have only found the building block guide from SAP and we wish to know if there other documents for implementing this module.

Thanks and best regards,

Fernando Montenegro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando.

You can use SAP help, I have to admit that Waste Management Best Practice isn't clear enough  if you don't have a previous knowledge.

The IMG implementation guide has all the info that you need, if you don't understand any points, just ask?

Try to define the scope of your Waste management implementation:

- Waste codes and properties of wastes are entered as specifications in the Basic Data and Tools component.

- Which partner type would you need (waste generator, waste disposer, transporter)

- Are you going to use WWI for disposal document?

- A waste is the link between a specification and a material, and as a material you have to configure it en MM, WM,...

- The integration with MM only work for create purchase order, if you are going to need purchase requisition, you will have to program.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

You can google with the name..............

855_ERP605_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US

Not able to attach the document here.

still you have a problems in finding, let me know.

Regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan Carlos! Which IMG Implementation guide are you referring to? Is it the ""

855_ERP605_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US"?

We already have this guide and were looking for something more. For example, the integration with MM and WM.

Please let us know what IMG implementation guide you're referring to!

Thanks again!

Fernando

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando.

The documentation attached to Waste Management in SPRO.

In EH&S is need to customize  some parameters and exits for each of its modules, read the documentation and check or configure your system.

For example WAM_PHRSET_WACATLG: Phrase Set for Waste Catalogs.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Two more documents i found related to waste management process.

may helpful for you.....

938_ERP605_Process_Overview_EN_XX

938_ERP605_BPD_EN_US

You can follow the steps below -

1. Create a Material in material master with the material type ABF (waste), maintain the fields like availability check, loading groups, purchasing, etc.,

2. create a waste code, assign the material created above and maintain the properties of the waste.

3. maintain the master data like transporter, disposer and generator, etc.,

4. Run with the waste processing.

5. print the waste disposal documents.

6. clear the waste from plant premises, as we in MM by using MB1a etc.,

7. have to configure more movement types, if you have a different business scenarios like recycling etc.,

8. checking the material stocks using the transactions like MMBE etc.,

other than those, you must focus on what different disposal documents business required and whether using ABAP forms or WWi reporting.

simultaneously check the config nodes in SPRO and pick the nodes, whcih are relevant for your usage.

No much complexity in waste management compare to other sub modules.

Try to configure the system and run the flows (play around as you desired). if you find any issues, you can post your queries.

All the best.

Regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamal,

Thank you so much for your input, I'll be sure to post any other doubts I may have!

Regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you suggest to Fernando, I implemented business practices 855 and 938 in a sandbox environment and a part of the waste processing is not clear for me.

How do clear the waste from your plant? The best practice asks to create a purchase order, to validate it and to invoice it. The waste is still in my plant! Is it possible to link an outbound delivery to that purchase order???

Thanks for your help?

Simon

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

There is a function EHSWA_141_WASTEMVT_OUT_IM to clear the stock from Inventory Management (IM) and WM if is required, there isn't link between clear the waste and the purchase order. If you need an outbound delivery, you have to create you own function. But there is a function EHSWA_141_WASTEMVT_OUT_IM_PO that create a purchase order and clear the stock, the material movement. The material document and the purchase order are related via follow-on documents, you don't see any material document in the purchase order history.

Regards

JCD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan Carlos,

what about waste disposal contracts?

Are they representable in SAP EHS Waste Management, too?

Thanks

Regards

M.K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

If the purchase order doesn't clear the waste, why the material number in the purchase order created via WAE02 is the waste material number? There is something i don't understand in the best practice workflow.

Our waste workflow looks like that:

1- Initialize document: waste code and quantity

2- create PO , outbound delivery and transport to clear the waste

3- weight the delivery via the transport and update delivery quantity.

4- print document

5- invoice transport, clearing.....

Can sap waste management provide it?

Regards

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin!

Contracts are located in MM. Contracts aren't part of SAP EHS Waste Management scope.

For more replies, I suggest you open a thread with this very same question.

Thanks and best regards!

Fernando Montenegro

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando, I tried to contact you but it´s impossible if you are not following me

We are trying to decide if Waste Management is the optimal solution for our client.

It´s difficult to access the right document in this moment and I think may be you could help us.

Thanks in advance!

Eliana

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eliana

there is only the "Best practise "approach available regarding SAP EHS Waste Management (I am not aware of "on the top" documentation).  Regarding "Waste" handling general: this is a "little" bit "complex". First of all: which SAP solution is in place?

Answer. SAP EHS Waste Management and SAP Waste and Recylcing solution.

Check may be;:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/b059cfff-9684-2e10-47b0-f024304b21de

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_utilities472/helpdata/de/40/ca4d3625c71539e10000009b38f839/content.htm

(or little bit newer: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/de/40/ca4d3625c71539e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm)

SAP EHS Waste Management is discussed not very often here. Some references are mentioned here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41109

Hope this helps a little bit

C.B.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/38/ba9138e4a02d1ee10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Waste Management (EHS-WA)

Might help as well as a starting point. The "primary" steps are explained. The "primary" impact here.

1.) you need to set up materials

2.) you need to set up "Waste" specifications

3.) you need to link them

etc.

In most cases Waste are "out of scope" of SDS/MSDS generation but in scope of Dangerous Goods Management. Therefore you need to "classify" the "Waste" material according DG regulations. To do so e.g. you need as well phrases in th system etc.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christoph, thank you very much for your answer. Sorry, but I´m confused: you say that SAP EHS Waste Management and SAP Waste and Recylcing solution are two different solutions in SAP?   We were thinking that they were two ways of naming the same thing!

Sorry if I´m misunderstanding you...

Regards,

Eliana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elina

Functionality of  SAP EHS WM and SAP W&R are almost same and W&R have little additional futures like inbound weighing

Solution wise  EHS WM is part of SAP Sustainability and Waste &Recycling is the part of IS -Utilities and Waste &Recycling component is a fully integrated in standard business solution with integration of different components like  ,WM(Waste management) , Inventory Management, CRM ,Enterprise Management ,Accounts ,Sales&Delivery. this Solution is comprehensively designed for Waste Dispoal &Recycling Industries

Balajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Balajee.

In both cases you need to activate something? I´m asking because we have SAP running in our client systemn for the past two or three years. This is a new functionality they are asking for. Do you think that may be  we can experience incompatibilities or not?

Thanks in advance!

Eliana

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eliana,

For EHS Waste Management you need to activate the PLM Extension (EA-PLM)

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Juan Carlos!

We are working in a running SAP environment and I´m  just joining the team for this particular project. I read your message and check the system and we have this extension activated.

Do you think I need something else?

Thanks and regards!

Eliana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan Carlos,

Could you tell me please if it´s mandatory for EHS WM the RFC and WWI configuration that are part of EHS Basic? I just need to create a model to show funtionality at this moment.

Thanks in advance!

Eliana

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eliana

coming back to comment of myself and Balajee in combination with comment of Juan Carlos:

To make it clear: SAP EHS Waste Management and SAP Waste and Recycling are two different solutions. As mentioned by Balajee: some overlap in functionality exists.

What is a SAP system? Answer: you need to have some "basic" software installed to use SAP (I am not talking about operaitng system and data base). To use SAP EHS Management classic you need to have ECC installed (recent version: ECC 6.0 and  Enhancement Package 7) with some SAP basics. To use EHS you need as mentioned by Balajee, activate afterwards EHS. Check my documentation (the document I mentioned). You will find some hints. From software point of view: SAP Waste and Recycling solution is an own Software package (but it can use EHS functionality; check the link I provided). SAP Waste and Recycling is part of so called "IS -Utilities" as mentioned by Balajee.

As we are not using SAP Waste and Recycling: i can not provide you "hints" if, like with EHS, a further activation step is required. What I can only provide as a hint: you should chekc how this "IS" solution is maintained / supported etc. by SAP (and "clearly" to use it: you need a license). Regarding SAP ECC:  you can expecte to have tow support packages per year and one Enhancement Package. I have no idea regarding the speed of development cycle of

SAP Waste and Recycling solution.

Now coming back to EHS: as mentioned in: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44643

You can use SAP ECC 6.0 without installing any Enhancement Package and you can still fulfill any legal requirement. But if you install them you can on the top activate some new functions which enhances EHS. I am not aware of any extension in EHS Waste Management part; but there a number of enhancements in: SAP EHS BD, EHS SAF.  EHS DGP.. Some could be of interest if you would like to use SAP EHS Waste Management.

Coming back to your last question: is RFC and WWI mandatory.? I am not sure which RFC connection your are referring too. There are many in SAP EHS.

My answer in setting up a "pilot / sandbox" SAP landscape to "show" basic SAP EHS WA functionlity would be: you need not to set up WWI  to "present" something. But you should not underestimate the effort to really show something "useful" as EHS WA uses SAP EHS BD and SAP EHS SAF functionality (and you need as well basic set up in SAP MM). If you would like to take care in your presentation the DG topic you should plan at least 3 months of preparring this (this may be "long" period from your perspective; this period should be used (in my opinion) to make sure that the "consultants" understand the maintance models in SAP MM, SAP EHS.... so that a "suitable" presentation can be done. And frankly: this presentation is not good enough to start point of a project regarding EHS Waste Management. You need a good "blueprint" including the steps (customizing etc. etc.). Therefore you need to collect and analyse requirements. Can they be fulfilled with SAP EHS WA or not? what is the next step if "not" its the answer etc. etc.

C.B.

PS: only a small hint: if you have activated EHS (by activating the switch) you still have an "empty" (nearly useless) systen. You need to go on with the Best Practise documents. To make it specific: you need to execute basic EHS BD and EHS SAF set up to use EHS WA. If you have no experience in setting up EHS then you should "plan" with 6 months of preparation instead of 3 months; we "only" chance to speed up might be: you should look for partners helping you in basic customizing of EHS (not to talk about that you need later an access concept (now you could start with SAP_ALL but later you need EHS specific access models)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christoph,

Thank you very much for your answer.

We have a running SAP system ECC 6.0. No EHP have been installed. Several functionalities from MM, PM, SD modules are running  for final users since 2010. FI-CO basic settings are configured, but neither Controlling or Finance are managed in SAP at the moment.

We activate EA-PLM and according  850  y 855_ERP605_BB_ConfigGuide we are customizing a sandbox environment. Another document we found very useful is 938_EHSM for undestanding Bussiness Process.

We collect and analyse requirements from client.

Initially, we were thinking about  a solution from MM-PM-LE-SD module integration, as we former did for another process areas of the same client (city government).

But now EHS WM could be an alternative.

Do you think that for internal use (consultants and team members) it´s possible to reduce the time of setting a model lanscape?  Just for helping us to make a decision.

Thanks again, you are very kind.

Regards,

Eliana

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eliana,

I think you are in little bit confuse stage. Tell me your business requirement. collect and analyze requirement from your client.

Upgrade EH&S in SAP ERP 6.0 to SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 3  or a higher release and activate the business function OPS_EHS_CI_1 to use the enhanced EH&S functions.

However, WM have process stage. see  below details.

1) Legally secured disposal processing

The disposal is execute in accordance with all legal requirements

2) Commercial disposal processing.

These processes allow the integration of the disposal process into the Controlling Module (CO)

3) Internal waste quantities processing.

Internal waste quantities are used to recalculate the disposed waste quantities and the exact disposal costs

These 3 degree of process available in SAP EHS  WM module. you can finalized your requirement as per your requirement.

More information Waste Management system. have a look below mention note.The not have  attached files Chapter 16.7 provides information about the changes to the EH&S Waste Management component. have a look before going to start your process.

Note 1121504 - EH&S Waste Management system upgrade

Edward

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eliana

I hope that you are not confused. But last hint as mentioned by Edward should help you. But I "struggle" a little bit if I read between your explanations. May be I try it different:

If you have a SAP ERP up and running with MM-PM-LE-SD modules there are a number of reasons why you should check if EHS WM is an alternative. But you need to understand how SAP EHS WM support companies. Main topic is: to be "compliant". If you (or your company) generate "Waste" (in the sense of chemistry  type of waste) you need to make your that you fulfill the legal demands (and there are many). If you or your company is really handling "Waste" (of chemicals) then you can fulfill the legal demands using EHS WM (and you support on the top your internal processes).

It is "hard" work only to us MM, SD and other processes rto make the company "as compliant" as if you would use on the top EHS WM.

Therefore: without any experience in SAP EHS you need 6 months (and this only to make sure that anybody as part of the team does "really" understand the EHS WM processes (EHS BD, EHS SAF, SAP MM etc. etc.) which you need to consider.

If you need more support: please start a new thread.

Thanks

C.B.

PS: There is a "small" enhancement of SAP EHS WM coming with EnhPack3 (refer to OSS note of Edward; but: Enhancement Packages provide only "on" top functionality (which could help clearly)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

what about waste disposal contracts?

Are they "representable" in SAP EHS Waste Management, too?

Thanks

Regards

M.K.

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin.

The waste disposal contract has the economic aspects in a MM contract, but the enviromental issues is in the waste approval, here you inform the partners (Waste Generator, Waste Disposer, Waste Transporter, Authority), the waste code (EWC in Europe), limits in easte quantity,...

Regards

JCD