cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does program RSWUWFML2 not work for all employees?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use programme "RSWUWFML2 Sending notifications for work items" for sending notifications to user's email accounts in SU01.

We run transaction CATC Time levelling to see who is missing times and tick the "Send mail" button at the bottom of the report to send notifications to the user's SAP Inbox in SBWP.

Most users dont look at their Inbox in SBWP so we use programme RSWUWFML2 to send these unread notifications to their email address assign to their username in SU01. This then creates a workflow item in SOST - SAPconnect Send Requests.

When we run catc Time levelling for a period were no employees have times entered, it only creates a message in SOST for a very small percentage of the employees.

i have checked the employees that have appeared in CATC and not in SOST and i cant find any issues with their users.

My understanding of users is that they just need to have an email assigned to them in SU01 for program RSWUWFML2 to work.

i have checked documentation on the programme and cant see why this wont work for all employees who are missing times.

What other master data should an user have so that this programme will work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

clive

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clive,

We are having similar issue. Do you resolved this issue already?

Do you know if mail could be sent from CATC transaction to any mail id other than sap inbox?

Thanks,

Piyali.

egor_malov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Piyali,

Probably, this thread (and similar ones) might help:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Egor,

I want to know detail about SMTP, SCOT configuration and RSWUWFML2 program for this context.

Thanks,

Piyali.

egor_malov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Piyali!

As for RSWUWFML2:  *Only* if you are sure that CATC produces SAP Workflow workitems, you can use RSWUWFML2. (Actually RSWUWFML2 is quite old; nowadays the recommended engine is "Extended Notifications for SAP Business Workflow" ).

As for SMTP, SCOT:

SMTP Configuration Guide - SAPconnect (BC-SRV-COM) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clive,

RSWUWFML2 is basically a program that picks up workitems for a particular task(if specified on the selction screen) in the READY state, creates SAP shortcuts for those workitems, gets the email ids for the work item agents from the user masters and sends out emails with the shortcut attached.

It mostly picks up workitems for a specific time interval.

I do not have exposure to TIME in HR, so do not know if running CATC creates workitems for all the employees who has missing times...you can check transaction SWI1 if workitems are getting created and assigned to the employees as expected after you run CATC.

Hope this gets you somewhere.

Thanks.

Vipin.