cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Request Dates not Visible

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am creating a Service Request and all the dates (ie Requested Start, Requested End, First Response, Due By) are greyed out and blank.  As far as configuration I am using the standard delivered Date Profile IT0000000001 (ITSM: Service Request (Hdr) w/o Billing) that is linked to my transaction type SEIC in the Assign Date Profile to Transaction Type step of the IMG.

I have not done anything in the Assign Date Profile to Item Category step of the IMG and would have expected this to work out of the box.

I have search on SCN and Google with no luck and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as at the core I am try to make the start date and time of a service request display with the system

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jarret

Please check my post for similar issue

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3304281

Regards

Naresh

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Naresh

I find it hard to believe that SAP would require a BADI to be activated to enable basic dates to display on a service request. Are you positive this can not be done via configuration?

Thanks,

Jarret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jarret

This can be possible witout BADI also

check this note  1452753

regards

Naresh

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Naresh as that seems promising. Can you walk me through the specific steps required to

"So for the 1st issue, you have to set up item determination for your service request correctly. In case you get message regarding the item category determination, missing item itself etc, you will not have date fields at UI."

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After setting up item category determination .

You have to create a service product "INVESTIGATION"  in COMMPR01. Which is required for the service request to perform background functions.

regards

Naresh

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Appreciate the help as when I go to COMMPR01 to create "Investigation" there is nothing in the category section and getting a "No basis hierarchy for product type 02" error,  Feels like some minor I am missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

You need to download adapter object DNL_CUST_SRVMAS to download service categories.This will download the categories configured in ECC for serviices. Once these are downloaded, you can use the category SRV_ALL to create INVESTIGATION product.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Divya

nelson_raj2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

Unfortunately, it is true that you do need to implement the BADI. However the other alternative is to determine the product using Categorization. I had the same issue and was able to fix it from the helpful responses from Naresh.

Here's what I did to get this fixed.

1. Added the Service Request "Item Determination" flag as checked within the Basic Transaction Type - configuration
  2. Added the Item Category determination is set for the Service Request
  3. Created a Product "INVESTIGATION" (also I created the hierarchy and category in CRM, it is not mandatory to download them from ECC, as suggested by Divya)
  4. Then added the entries within the CRM-->CRM Cross Application Components-->Multilevel Categorization-->Assign Transaction Types to Catalog Categories (Not sure if this is relevant)
  5. Finally implemented the BADI and method, as rightly suggested by Naresh.

The BADI code is not that bad, since it allows us to define the Product, based on 2 input parameters,

1. The Account Identification Profile (for IC Web)
  2. The Transaction Type

As of now, my implemented was as simple as below,

method IF_EX_CRM_SERVICEPROD_BADI~PROVIDE_SERVICE_PRODUCT.

If IV_process_type = 'ZTIN'.

EV_PRODUCT_ID = 'INVESTIGATION'.

endif.

endmethod.

That was enough to get the dates available in the Service Request.

Alternately, as I mentioned earlier, this is also achievable using "Categorization" where you can assign "Service Products" to Categories. However, if you have several categories in your schema, and the only purpose to assign the product is to use it for getting "Dates" then the 3 lines (or so) of code is a much easier way to go about it, in my opinion.

Regards,

Nelson

Answers (0)