cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using javascript function to give accessibility feature in SAP standard functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am right now working in a requirement where we need to use the Javascript functions to access the SAP Portal based on Keyboard events like onkeypress, onekeyup and onkeydown etc.

Our portal version is: 7.30 SP 7.

It's quite possible to modify the desktop framework page, desktop inner page and masthead etc.

But how to use all SAP Portal standard events on based keyboard events like onkeypress, onekyup and onkeydown.

I am stuck at two of the issues.

1> While navigating the SAP standard portal page via tab I am getting an error the var keyCode is undefined :

var keyCode = window.event.keyCode; 

It looks the keyCode is not populated by any value so, it is giving undefined error.

2> Now, the main question is how SAP Standard page is would refer to the events written in Javascript.

There is a jsp based J2EE project which has been bundled to a sda file.

I don't know whether it's possible to bundle this sda with EPBC sca

or

there are some url iView created which would refer to the SAP ESS/MSS and standard SAP pages.

Example of type functionality requires changing Collapse Tray and Expand Tray functionality based on onkeypress instead of onclick event.

Please give me some pointers to proceed.

Thanks & Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

I am not sure what you try to achieve completly, if you need this functions to work on specific events

you can just create a function for your onKey.. events and direct them to onClick event of certain buttons.

if this is not the case please elaborate.

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

You are correct. My aim is to navigate the whole portal page whether it's ESS/MSS or standard URL iviews by the tab button of the keyboard. Yes, onKeyPress can be the alternative to the onClick event.

But the point is that the tab button is not navigating the whole framework page. There is no error in the code as of IE perspective while debugging using the Microsoft IE debugger tool.

The error is Firefox specific but the navigation is stuck in the framework page itself. If the control goes to that button like Collapse Tray or Expand Tray; it is possible to achieve the functionality getElementbyId tag based on the element id of the html page.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Are you using the EPCM.doNavigate to navigate to the wanted location?

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

truly speaking EPCM.doNavigate() navigates the whole of the framework page.

The area which I want to go is the Collapse Tray/Expand Tray which are buttons.

That header area of the table is not accessible by tab.

Ideally, it should be accessible by keyboard tab key.

EPCM.doNavigate() is a portal navigation based on hyperlink element.

But we need to navigate based on tab key of the keyboard.

That happens in SAP Standard Portal page to but some areas like "Collapse Tray" and "Expand Tray" cannot be navigated by the EPCM.doNavigate() because they are not hyperlink areas.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Answers (0)