cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about tcode to use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear EHS Expert,

Can somebody provide me a link or any reference on how EHS is connected to SD to be able to print MSDS please? Is there a lot of configurations needed in the SD side?

May I know also what tcode to use to generate the MSDS assuming it is triggered already by executing an outbound delivery (with PGI)? Thank you.

Kind regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

SD ,MM and EHS has Relation in several instances

If we are taken Report Shipping Function(MSDS) along with Sales Order or With sales order(Incase of Sample shipping).

In MM While creation of Material if It is Hazardeous Nature as per Regulation we will assign the DG Checks .

For example : - we have to ship the above material which have Hazardeous Nature , so at the time of sales order creation ( with or with out order reference in case of sample shipping) in SD with below mentioned T.Codes

T Code  for Sales order creation with order Reference(VLO1N)

T Code  for Sales order creation with out order Reference(VLO1N) .. Incase of sample shipping.

while creation of Sales order automatically it will trigger to EHS for Reports , in EHS in Report Management Function(T.Code : CVD1) the report will be triggered for Acceptance for EHS person, once you accept that report will be ship along with material.

Thank you

Balajee

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Can somebody provide me a link or any reference on how EHS is connected to SD to be able to print MSDS please?

To Answer your first question, YES - there is strong linkage between EHS & SD Module, to be specific for Product Safety Module.

EHS has linkage to SD via Report Shipping, for Global Label Management and even for SVT ( Substance Volume Tracking )

As of now, it seems that, you are interested in Report Shipping process.

Is there a lot of configurations needed in the SD side?

YES, there is Entire Gamut of Customization involved to activate MSDS Report Shipping.

Please find the below Product Safety Implementation Guide which will give you brief idea about the process.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/EHSSAF/LOSEC.pdf

OR

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/08/57c004197f11d286fc080009b98822/content.htm?framese...

May I know also what tcode to use to generate the MSDS assuming it is triggered already by executing an outbound delivery (with PGI)? Thank you.

Apart from knowing the Tcode, I recommend you to first work upon the product safety customization part. Following T.codes must be useful to you in overall report shipping process

--> CVD1, CG54, CG50, CG02BD, VL02N, SM37, CG02

Moreover, you also can refer previous SDN Forums. There are couple of threads available on this topic to start with and get insight of the same.

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balajee and Amol,

I have tried creating a template, Generation variant and specification. I was able to generate a report using Material Master as parameter in Report Information System (CG54) but not when using Specification Master (please see attached images). Same also in Report Management (CG50).

Below image showing the report is generated using Material Master (sample 168):

When I tried CVD1,

Below screen appears.

Please enlighten me if im executing it incorrectly. Kindly let me know the next step to make. Thank you so much!

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Have you completed all the cutomizing activities mentioned in Implementaion Guide. if Not, then recommend you to do that. Without which, this process will not work.

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Ive made some configurations but i really dont know what exactly to be done. All i know is its working based on the screenshots i provided. I just dont know what are the lacking configurations. I hope you and Balajee can make some comment on the attached screenshots. Thanks to be both of you. It really helps.

Kind regards,

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mark

regarding your screenshots:

1.) CG54: you will see here a WWI report only if it has the status "Released" or "historical"

2.) CG54: I have the feeling that your generation varitnat is not defined correct. In the screen of CG54 you can see no "version", there is a "default key" entry in the tree etc.

IN this screen you shoudl normally see using a specifiation key something like:

MSDS_US EN 1.0 released

MSDS_US = technicasl key of generation variant

EN = language of the report

1.0 = Version of the report

released = status of the report

You can use CVD1 only f you have a release report etc.

Regarding the screenshot of CVD1: in CVD1 there is as well a status net (report shipment etc.). Here the status is "in work"; if this status is not changing your configuration is wrong etc.

Further: you can not generate a report in CG54 or CG50 (to my knowledge). You need to generate the report using "Cg02" (create hitlist of specification and the use menu "Create report" etc. (please refer to SAP help)

Regarding MSDS distrbution and connection to SAP SD: there is an OSS note (consulting note) available which has mentioned many times in this FORUM. Thsi note is mandatory to be read as it explain really all in set up very well, Furtheron: a further SAP note is mentioned in this FORUM referring ot the so called "WWI Cookbook" This SAP Note is "critical" to understand how to prepare the set up of a WWI server.

C.B.

PS: In this FORUM you can find many threads discussing "how to generate a MSDS report" and many other discussing MSDS distribution (and pitfalls therein).

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mark

please check once again generation variant. The application object "MATMASTER" and "SUBMASTER" need to be assigned to the generation variant.

You need to understand this: the report is only ! related to the specification ! in CG54 and CG50 you can switch between "MATMASTER" and "SUBMASTER" for selecting a report. But to be sucessful with MATMASTER you need to have the "MATMASTER" object assigned to the generation variant and the material number must be assigned to the specification master (using either specification or material master; please refer to SAP help).

The story is like this: if your set up is correct you can find the report using either material number or specification key and later in CG54/Cg50 you can switch the view so that you can see how many material numbers are assigned to the same specification. The report generated using CG02  and released in CG50 is valid for any! material number assigned to the specification.

C.B.

PS: pay attention: DG data can only be retrieved in SAP standard on specification level. Please refer to SAP help. Differences on material level which may lead to a different DG classificazion are not supported in WWI report in SAP EHS standard

PPS: you should not "play" with CVD1 without solving the other issues. CVD1 (and report distribution) is "complex"; first try to get the issues resolved in reoprt generation etc.; there is a general OSS note available how to set up report distribution; this note is mentioned often in different threads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for the additional input. I tried following the instructions but seems there are still lacking.

Please see attached for the error message encountered:

Thats how i inserted a phrase (01EHS_TXTREF).

When trying to create a report using tcode CG02, the below error appears:

I just tried to release the report using tcode CG56 (release report) and the below screen appears:

For the last screenshot, i double checked my rating and looks fine as shown below:

Please let me know your expert opinion on this. Kindly let me know if you need further screenshot of other transactions i made. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mark

your WWI layout which you have prepared is not correct. Did you use the "check" routine in WWI before you released WWI layout etc.?

Please take a look on SAP EH&S help and / or prepare a query on in this FORUM. You will find lots of hints regarding WWI layout and how to do it right. Try to use to retrieve an identifer or use to retrieve substance header data (as spec id etc.) as a starting point.

C.B.

PS: definition of generation variant as shown by you can be simplified (e.g. remove "Status Check "Yes" box; the validity area entry in "rating" screen is not needed according to your WWI layout definition.

PPS: which initial status for the report is used in generation variant? ready ? Status "Generation possible" might indicate wrong set up of WWI server etc.

Add on to PPS: please adapt the "matmaster" topic; remove the "object key" number 168; this is not needed in your context; later if layout has been defined correct normally EHS adds automatic "SUBMASTER" and "MATMASTER"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Yes I did check my document template and found no error as shown below. I also released and saved the document template after checking it.

I tried creating a report again and the same error came out "

The report template for variant MSDS_TEST3 does

not contain any spec. symbols". I updated already the generation variant and still error appeared. It seems i incorrectly assign the specification symbols using CG42. Can you please provide me a step on how i should create or assign a spec. symbols? Thank you so much.

Kind regards,

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mark

your picture shows that your symbol is "green"; this does have a special meaning in WWI layout. Therefore it does not work properly. The used symbol would retrieve the material name of a material assigned to the specification if used properly.

Refer to your parallel thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3320974

C.B.

PS: pay attention. the WWI check is not the "best" one. Some "real" errors are not detected by the tool; they will come up only later in generating the report; WWI is "very" tricky to use

Therefore in your case it gives as return value: "no error". This is correct; "Green Texts" is allowed but is "special" in WWI

Remove the symbol and start from scratch. Try to use e.g. something like:

<13BNG001(+:01GESTRSUBID)>¶

<01GESTRIDENT(I:NAM,TRIV,)>

<01GESTRIDENT(I:NUM,CAS,)>

<Data>

<Data>

<Data>

<13ENG001>¶

(do not paste that in your layout; do it "right" by using the WWI functionality

E.g. <01GESTRIDENT(I:NUM,CAS,)> is quite good as well (as long as you have maintained on specification level one CAS number)

C.B.