cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC Drivers for Crystal Reports XI on Windows 7 64bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finding things on this site is extremely difficult and when I called in to support, they weren't any help either. Does anyone know where I can find the ODBC Oracle drivers for Crystal Reports XI running on a Windows 7 64bit OS?  I found this page but it send me to the downloads area and I can't find the drivers there. I'm really frustrated with this portal.

http://search.sap.com/notes?id=0001218152&boj=/sap/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do?access=69765F6D6F64...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

You should consider upgrading CR XI to CR XI R2 SP6 for Windows 7 support as a first step.

As far as the database drivers are concerned, I'm not too sure if you can find Oracle drivers here. Why don't you install Oracle Native client or perhaps DataDirect's drivers for Oracle?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where would I go to download SP6? I looked and can't seem to find it.  I am now able to successfully create and test an ODBC connection from my computer to the Oracle server,

however when I try to create a connection in Crystal Reports XI R2, I get an error.

Would SP6 resolve this or do you have any other recommendations. I'm wasting a lot of time trying to get the connection established from CR.

Thanks,

Jack

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Please refer to this blog on how to go about upgrading to CR XI R2 SP6:

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio/blog/2011/06/07/where-did-all-the-cry...

Back to the issue - what version is the Oracle Database Server and what driver version are you using to connect?

If you're using Oracle 10g driver, then you might want to have a look at this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3310946

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhilash,

That info was perfect. I upgraded to SP6 and was able to make the ODBC connection through Crystal Reports to our Oracle database. Thanks for the support.

Jack

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad I could help Jack. Please mark the thread as Answered.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Back to the same issue. I got a new pc and trying to setup CR XI R2 SP6. The software installed ok. I'm running on a Windows 7 64bit machine and trying to establish an ODBC connection to my Oracle database. I'm using the 32 bit ODBC Admin tool and I see the CR Oracle ODBC Driver 5.3 that I selected the last time. I chose that and proceeded to setup my connection. When I test the connection, I am getting this error. The CRor823.dll file is in that directory. What else can I check?

2) I registered the software and never got a registration code. The software was purchased and licensed but because I don't have a code, it keeps reminding me that it is not registered. How do I get a code once I am already registered?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys I Tried this:

Go to system variables in your windows 7 environment and add a system variable:

1 Right click on computer--> left panel (advanced settings)

2.   System Properties window-->select advanced

2.1 Click on Environment variables

2.2 Add variable --> TNS_ADMIN  variable value-->PATH of YOUR ORACLE TNS file location

EG: C:\app\USERNAME\product\11.2.0\client_2\network\admin

app is a default directory set by the oracle client.

This works on my pc like a charm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

sorry, but the SAP Application Interface Framework is a tool for implementing and monitoring interfaces. It is not related to Crystal Reports.

I moved your question to the SAP Crystal Reports - Data Connectivity space, I think there someone will be able to help you. In this space I also found this blog: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3305137, maybe it does help...

Best regards,

Verena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Verena,

Thanks. That link got me one step closer. I was using the 64bit ODBC Admin tool. Using the 32bit tool worked. I now have an ODBC connection to Oracle. I'm having trouble now establishing a connection from Crystal Reports XI. See my reply to Abhilash.