cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast consumption based on delivery date io mat av date

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Standard SAP, in forecast consumption, the system is reducing the forecast in the month of the material availability date of the sales order.

Our company though, wants to have the reduction taking place in the month of the delivery date.  This is especially a problem with cross monthly sales orders, where mat av date falls into M0 and delivery date is in the beginning of M1.

Does any of you have an idea on how to approach this?

I have been checking out if we can use the exit where you can program your own consumption logic but so far I don't see how we can use this.

Please share any experiences on this issue if you have some.

Thnx

Sap apo fan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know if the following approach works for you.

• Create a new time series key figure and load the sales orders at their delivery dates in that key figure from BI.
  • Turn off forecast consumption in SNP (Requirement strategy should be blank)
  • Write a macro to do the forecast consumption by reducing the forecast after considering the sales orders delivery dates.

This way the forecast consumption will happen based on the delivery dates of the sales order.

Regards,

Mitesh

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please don't try that logic.  You know how complicated that would be.   You will have to have the sales orders be loaded real time and also have to create logic for every PGI and Delivery etc... It will never work.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not complicated at all. You don't have to load the sales orders real time. It can be loaded once a day. Planner don't need to see the unconsumed forecast in real time.

Also there is no separate logic required for delivery or PGI. Every day load the open orders and the shipments made and net it out from the forecast to get the unconsumed forecast.

This approach was used a lot whenever people wanted to do forecast consumption in fiscal buckets  and SAP didn't have that option available prior to SCM 7 EHP1.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Originally you mentioned :  load the sales orders at their delivery dates in that key figure

But now you are saying you have to load sales orders, deliveries, and PGI.  That is more complicated then just loading sales orders (which is quite simple).   For the PGI you would have to build logic to determine which sales order the PGI was attached to. 

But with good coding and logic it will work as you said.

ramesh_mahankali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh,

Actually we are not using SNP and also we need see the data real-time in APO.

Thank you anyway.

-Ramesh

ramesh_mahankali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also having exactly same situation where we want to have forecast to be consumed based on delivery date instead of MAD.

Does anyone found a solution/alternative for this? Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Ramesh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try the BAdI /SAPAPO/DM_BADI_CSP to meet your business requirement.

The method MODIFY_DATA has the following argument

/SAPAPO/OM_SCHEDULE_LINE_TAB that consists of LINE_TIME (/SAPAPO/OM_LINE_TIME) which represents the (Availability-/Requirement-) Time of Schedule Line. Probably, you can attempt to change the default value with Required delivery time so that forecast consumption takes place based on the delivery date. Since you know order id, it might not be a tough task to retrieve the req. delivery date of the sales order. However, your ABAP expert can validate this suggestion.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thx for a quick reply. 

I have been debugging this badi but the issue I am facing is that the orders that you see in the structure are not sales orders but the forecast orders of category type FA.  I am trying to find the place where I can see the requirement date (not time) of the sales order schedule line. 

Do you have any idea on which spot I could be able to influence the sales order requirement date?

Brgds

Sap apo fan

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Something wrong... the structure /SAPAPO/OM_SCHEDULE_LINE_STR description says 'Schedule Line of Customer or Purchase Order'. It should have a reference to your sales order.

Have you checked the structure /SAPAPO/DMCHKREQ? It might have sales order reference or at least peg id.

Thanks,
Rajesh