cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bobj is undefined

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that this is a common error but I still can't figure out how to solve it. I have Visual Studio 2012 and the Crystal Reports for Visual Studio and am running Windows 7. I am not using IIS Express and have added the following code to my Web.config.

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="businessObjects">

<sectionGroup name="crystalReports">

<section name="crystalReportViewer" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler" />

</sectionGroup>

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<businessObjects>

<crystalReports>

<crystalReportViewer>

<add key="resourceURI" value="~/crystalreportviewers13" />

</crystalReportViewer>

</crystalReports>

</businessObjects>

I have also added  <sessionState cookieless="true"></sessionState> in the <system.web>. They crystalreportviewers13 folder is in several locations (the project folder, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319\crystalreportviewers13, and C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers13).

I don't know what else to try. Please Help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Klesey

A few things to look at:

If this is a 32 bit app running on a 64 bit OS, make sure the app pool is set to 32 bit

See if the app pool will run under Local System account

Try changing IIS to Classic Mode

See if KBA 1691356 - Error Messge: "Bobj is undefined" during deployment of ASP.NET application will help

Have a look at the article Viewer toolbar images appear as red ‘X on Crystal Reports VS .NET web viewer. re. this article; it does not specifically address CRVS2010 / 2012, but see if you can pattern your self based on the other versions of CR re. configuration of the crystalreportviewers13 folder.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

saurabh_pathak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Ludek's reply this is more or less like one stop shop for 'bobj is undefined'.

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio/blog/2011/01/12/how-do-i-resolve-bobj...

Hope is helps!!!

~ Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm looking for some more ideas on this undefined bobj problem.  My web.config is set up exactly as I see it in the link Ludek provided in his response.  Right now I'm getting the error in my development environment in which I'm using VS2010's built-in Visual Studio Development Server, so I think all the suggestions for configuring IIS do not apply to me.  Although, if there are ways to configure the development server appropriate, please let me know! 

Looking at the link Saurabh provided, I see the first two suggestions deal with IIS, so I'm ignoring those for now.  The third suggestion is about the resourceURI defined in the web.config, which matches Ludek's link, and which I already implemented.  As for the final suggestion, I do have a CR directory here:  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ASP.NETClientFiles\crystalreportviewers13.  I also dropped one in the Framework64 folder, just in case. 

So far, no luck.  Are there other things I can try?

Thanks,

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hopefully this will help you Error BOBJ Crystal Report Solution - YouTube