Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME23N PO Print Issue

former_member311223
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am having an issue while Printing PO.

I have developed a smartform for the PO Print wherein I am Printing the Material PO Text and Info Record Note along with the Material Code in the smartform. The  Material PO Text and Info Record Note are available in the ME23N Tcode Under Item Details->Text.

When we click on the PO Print Preview the  Material PO Text and Info Record Note are not getting displayed. But if I open the  Item Details->Text tab material wise one by one and then print the PO Print Preview the text part is coming in the PO Smartform.

Since there will be multiple Items in the PO Print it is not accepted that for all the materials in the PO we have to go to the text part and click on Item Details->Text tab in Material PO Text and Info Record Note for all materials.

I tried to debug the same in both the scenarios i.e. without clicking on Item Details->Text and also by clicking on Item Details->Text. In both the cases the values in the READ_TEXT FM is same. If I execute it by clicking on Item Details->Text then the  READ_TEXT FM is returning value else it is showing sy-subrc = 4.

Kindly help how to solve this issue.

I searched in SDN but could not get any relevant solution for this issue.

Regards

gopa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Gopa,

As Read_text is returning Sy-subrc = 4 i feel its not yet created.

But when you are going to Text, at that time, those text are getting created and hence you are able to see the text in the PO Print preview.

Just for checking, choose a PO for which Item text is not getting printed and check if this TExt is actually creatd in STXH table or not. If you found that text is created, Run the READ_TEXT in SE37 to check if its able to read the text or not...

- Harshad

5 REPLIES 5

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Gopa,

As Read_text is returning Sy-subrc = 4 i feel its not yet created.

But when you are going to Text, at that time, those text are getting created and hence you are able to see the text in the PO Print preview.

Just for checking, choose a PO for which Item text is not getting printed and check if this TExt is actually creatd in STXH table or not. If you found that text is created, Run the READ_TEXT in SE37 to check if its able to read the text or not...

- Harshad

0 Kudos

Dear Harshad,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I checked the same in STXH table and found that those are not created in the STXH table. Maybe run time it is getting created as u said.

But then how can i solve this issue??

0 Kudos

Hi Gopa

We have faced this issue once. The solution which i remember, we did was as follow there is some memory id at which SAP standard store these text during runtime. Do one thing put a break point in READ_TEXT FM and check when you go to text table how the READ_TEXT reads from which memory id it can me this 'SAPLSTXD'.

Just put  a break point a check READ_TEXT

Thanks

Nabheet

0 Kudos

Dear Nabheet,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the Text Description for the "Info Record Note" which comes under the Item Details->Text. is getting fetched from Info Record Note Text from Tcode: ME13. Due to this it is not getting updated in the

STXH table.

Due to this the data is not coming using READ_TEXT FM.

Can someone please guide how to solve this issue. because if we enter the text manually in the

"Info Record Note" in Item Details->Text Tab and save it, then that text is getting updated in

STXH table. Then the data is getting fetched through READ_TEXT FM.

Kindly suggest.

0 Kudos

Hi Gopa,

I am also facing the same issue with Material PO text not displaying in PO print preview unless I click each item and go to the text tab. Did you find any solution to your problem?

Regards,

Deepa