cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Management Log

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am transporting WEBI reports (without security). I am getting following message on screen. "Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed., Promotion Status=Failure : Object has failed to promote. Please see the log for more details".

Where I can check Promotional Management log?

Thanks & Regards,

Shrikant 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find this information in the admin guide.

As well as in SAp KB : 1670873 - How to enable logging for Life Cycle Manager (LCM)
in BI4.0

and another great tool is this: http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/remote-supportability/blog/2012/11/06/how-to-generate-and-c...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190903
Participant
0 Kudos

This reminds me of the infamous Microsoft error box that says "An error occured". Technically accurate but completely useless.

How about having a conversation with those PM/LCM developers and ask them to give us a clue inside PM when these jobs fail...which happens more than successes, especially for larger jobs. I never thought I'd say it, but I miss Import Wizard.

At a minimum, how about a button that opens the log or a message telling us logs were not enabled and ask us if we'd like them enabled and then do it when we say yes.

Long run, we need a clean and easy tool to move content and security across systems to support QA and Test and LCM is not it. Unfortunately, it's now all we have.

This error was on BI 4.1 SP5 Patch 5, so it's clear it's not improving in the most recent release.

former_member224057
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Amen!!!