cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREXADMIN ERROR: Error in the RFC communication: RFC destination :rfc: does not exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am encountering the error below when running the transaction code TREXADMIN using any of the two TREX RFCs in my CRM system:

Error in the RFC communication: RFC destination :rfc:TREX_RFC does not exist. (:rfc:TREX_RFC)

Details of the error:
Error in the RFC communication: RFC destination :rfc:TREX_RFC does not exist. (:rfc:TREX_RFC)
Message no. STREX005

Diagnosis
A service of the TREX search engine was called. An RFC connection to the gateway is required for this, but the connection could not be established. As a result, the TREX services cannot currently be used.

Procedure
Contact your system administrator.

Procedure for System Administration
Check the RFC connection ":rfc:TREX_RFC" using transaction SM59 (TCP/IP communication).

Error occurred during RFC connection: "RFC destination :rfc:TREX_RFC does not exist."

As seen in the screenshot above, there are no data in the services tab, and I did checked and tested this RFC in SM59, and the connection test was successful.

I checked the TREX Admin tool, and the RFC there has a green status. However, when I tried to test the RFC in the ICM tab using packet size MB, I encountered the following error:

"ABAP Error: bad response Error: Network performance test failed. Client received incorrect data"

I tried the same test using packet size 100MB and 10MB, and the connection works. It's only with 1MB that I am encountering the error. Please advise.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks a lot!

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Charissma,

Please read the following note:

1757655 - RFC failure - Cannot register TREX/BIA Registered Server Program with Gateway

Most of the time when the RFC connections doesn't work its caused by issues with the gateway. Please follow the resolution section of this note and your rfc connection should work afterwards

Kind regards

Barry

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

The note that Barry suggested was the fix for me.  change the dynamic profile parameter gw/acl_mode to the value of 0.  if this parameter is set to 1, then the gateway does not allow external programs to be registered.  which means if your instance and TREX are on separate servers, then the program would not be able to registered at the local gateway. 

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi charissma,

Please check the logon data details also

please make sure that the user is trex_admin or any user Except DDIC    

Regards

Nag

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Trex version are you using? Please have a look at the following note if you use TREX 700:

1764680 RFC problem when ABAP 7.3x connected to TREX 7.00

Thanks.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charissma

I

In Trexadmin edit the RFC connections change the gateway to local and then try because you central gateway not communicating as you are already mention in the dev_rfc.trx in the TREX server

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charissma,

Two questions please:

1.  Is your TREX instance on the same or different server to the CRM instance?  If so, what version and kernel patch level of CRM are you running?

2. When you start the TREX instance, can you see the connection in SMGW > Logged on clients?  If you keep refreshing the page you should see the connection remain open.   If it connects and shuts down, then you have an issue that I've seen recently.

Thanks,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

Please see below for the response:

1.  Is your TREX instance on the same or different server to the CRM instance?  If so, what version and kernel patch level of CRM are you running?

--> my TREX and CRM systems are installed on 2 different servers.

Here's the kernel level of my CRM system:

kernel release     720

Sup.Pkg lvl           300

ABAP Load           1780

CUA load              39

2. When you start the TREX instance, can you see the connection in SMGW > Logged on clients?  If you keep refreshing the page you should see the connection remain open.   If it connects and shuts down, then you have an issue that I've seen recently.

--> i checked SMGW in my CRM system, and i can see 2 entries for my TREX_RFC, but the connection was always set to OK, and I kept refreshing the page.

I recently applied the Note 1834109 - TREX 7.10 RFC Destination cannot be found with BASIS 73x in my CRM system, but the error still persists in txcode TREXADMIN. It still says that  Error in the RFC communication: RFC destination :rfc:TREX_RFC does not exist. (:rfc:TREX_RFC)

Please advise on how to proceed.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chacha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Charissma,

Could you please let me know the solution for above error which I'm in similarly situation now.

Please suggest me how to proceed.

Thanks&Regards,

Eswar.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charissma,

Please maintain hosts file entry with IP adress of your abap system. Restart Trex services .

Check the connection again in trex administration.

For 1MB : You should ensure that there is no packet loss

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the very prompt response. I'll try your suggesting regarding the host file.

As for the packet, how can I ensure that no packet is loss? Sorry for the 'newbie' question.

Thanks!

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charissma,

You may open command prompt on Trex server. Run the ping command

ping -t <hostname of abap system>

Ensure that there are no spikes in response time column.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

As per your instructions, I have declared the hostname of my CRM system in the TREX server, and I have restarted the TREX service as well, via the SAP MMC.

I tried to access the TREXADMIN transaction code in my CRM system, but the error is the same. It still says that my RFC does not exist. Do you have other ideas on what could possibly be wrong?

Thank you very much!

Regards.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charissma,

Please share the screenshot of SM59 in CRM system

Please share the screenshot of Trex Administration -> Maintain RFC destination on the TREX server.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Please see below for the screenshot of SM59 in the CRM system:

Here's the screen shot of the SM59 (RFC) in the TREX admin tool in the TREX server:

Here's a screenshot of the ping test i performed in the TREX server:

Please advise on how to proceed.

Thanks!

Regards.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charissma,

Please do the following

1) Delete the entry from Trex Administration on the TREX server.

2) Re-create a new one with the same name .Use only hostname instead of FQDN in the RFC connections. Both on TREX and CRM servers.

3) Check the connection after that.

It looks like RFC is not registered correctly on the TREX server.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Sorry for the late response. I recreated the RFCs in the TREXADMIN tool, but I'm still encountering the same error. When I checked the file dev_rfc.trx in the TREX server, I saw the following logs:

T:4536 Error in program 'Trex_CRM_20121213152346': ======> Connect to SAP gateway failed
Connect_PM  TPNAME=Trex_CRM_20121213152346, GWHOST=<hostname of CRM>, GWSERV=3300

ERROR               partner '<IP Address of CRM>:3300' not reached
TIME                   Mon Mar 11 07:30:55 201
RELEASE           700
COMPONENT      NI (network interface)
VERSION            38
RC                      -10
MODULE             nixxi.cpp
LINE                    2823
DETAIL                NiPConnect2
SYSTEM CALL    connect
ERRNO               10061
ERRNO TEXT  WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused
COUNTER           120

I already checked the hostfile in the TREX and CRM servers, and they are properly configured. I also checked the file services, and the port 3300 was declared as the sapgw00 in the TREX server and in the CRM server. I've also verified that the port 3300 connecting to the CRM server is open by performing a telnet test on the TREX server. Please advise on how to proceed. Thanks!

Regards!

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charissma,

1. Recreate the TREX_RFC once again CRM System.

2. Perform the connection test.

Paste the output of connection test.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi