cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Runtime Memory Full Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I got an Error as below when I load report within Crystal Report Runtime (crpe32.dll version is 13.0.3.612):

Crystal cannot display report. Memory full. OtherError Not enough memory for operation.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041004): Memory full.

OtherError

Not enough memory for operation.

The report is working fine within develop client as Crystal reprots 2011 (stand alone not with VS). I have search within the SCN but not get any clue yet. Appreciate for any suggestion!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aiki

First thing to do, will be updating your install to Service Pack 5:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

If that does not help, you will need to provide more info. For starters:

Web / Win app?

OS?

Is this happening on your development computer or after you deploy the app?

Database?

Database connection type?

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

0 Kudos

Moved to .NET forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is there a link on the .NET forum available where this thread has been moved?

I seem to have a workstation with this similar error:

Title: Crystal Report Windows Forms Viewer

Memory full.

OtherError

Not enough memory for operation.

However I am running Crystal Reports runtime v. 13.0.5.891 (crpe32.dll) and the report fails almost immediately. The report is pure text, no images and no further error code.

Application type: Windows

Development machine: No

Database: SQL Server 2008 R2

Connection Type: ODBC (RDO)

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

0 Kudos

You are in the thread. The base location is:

Update to SP 9 and test again

Is it using a database connection?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your fast reply.

As far as the connection goes SQL Profiler does tell us that queries are going through.

I have applied SP 9 (32-bit) but still got the same error.

Any ideas on what to do next will be appreciated.

Regards,

--

Fabricio

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are other reports running without any problems?

How much disk space is available?  Crystal is bad about swapping to disk when running reports.  What does the formula in the Select Expert look like?  Are you linking tables together to get the data for your report or are you using one or more commands or stored procedures?  How much RAM is on the machine where you're running this?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have another report that runs ok.

As far as disk space we have about 7 GB free.

The formula is very simple SomeTable.SomeID = {?ID} and the whole report is based on a couple of views.

Total RAM is 4 GB, our .NET Application consumes like 85 MB and the OS reports 2.8 GB Available and 2.5 GB Free.

Is it a very strange situation.

- Fabricio

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesn't sound like you have any of the situations where Crystal can be a memory hog.  I suspect that this is a misleading error and that you have a possible issue with the DB connection.

What type of database are you connecting to and what type of connection are you using?  Which version of the db client software you using?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

The db client software is a Managed Code application based on .NET Framework 4.0 which passes credentials to the report utilizing an account that has server-wide administrative privileges.

As far as the database and connection type I listed it above on my first post in this thread but is a SQL Server 2008 R2 vs ODBC (RDO) and according to the SQL Profiler seems to be accessed by the report every time.

Thanks,

- Fabricio

0 Kudos

I just had a case where the report used a Custom function ( UFL ) and although the Report Designer did not pop up a error in formula it would not simply keep popping up the Formula Editor UI.

Odd part was it too reported a Memory Full error when ran in the SDK, likely due to the error handler in the UFL was not working properly.

So to debug start removing parts of the report, Subreports and then whole sections until you cna find the cause of the issue and report back or fix the issue accordingly...

Don

Answers (0)