Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link SAP text table (_T) to Z table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to link a SAP standard text table to a Z table that contains a subset of the key values from the SAP table?

For example:

Table ECHS_PROCESSES links to ECHS_PROCESSES_T to display the process descriptions when displaying the content in SE11. My Z table contains a subset of the entries from ECHS_PROCESSES and I would like the Z table to act like ECHS_PROCESSES and display the descriptions of the entries from ECHS_PROCESSES_T.

Thks,

William

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

If I understand your requirement correctly, you want to use the standard table ECHS_PROCESSES_T as the text table for your Z-table.

The method to make a table a text table for another table is to create a foreign key relationship in the to-be text table with the other table as the check table. So, in your case, you would have to create a foreign key relationship from table ECHS_PROCESSES_T to check table <your Z table>. And, since ECHS_PROCESSES_T is a standard table, this would require a standard modification which is normally avoided and which I would suggest against in this case.

However, if you have created a maintenance view for maintaining data in your Z-table and also created a foreign key relationship from the Z-table (as foreign key table) to check table ECHS_PROCESSES, you can pull in dependent table ECHS_PROCESSES_T, specify the right join conditions and display the text from ECHS_PROCESSES_T.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can.

Goto SE11 and display ECHS_PROCESSES. use the menu path GOTO->TEXT TABLE and you will see that ECHS_PROCESSES_T is displayed.

In order to achieve this you need to create a Z table and then create another ZTEXT table. In ZTEXT goto entryhelp/check tab. Add the required foreign key and check table (Z table) and activate.

Hope this solves the issue.

Thanks,

Vikram.M

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I am trying to use the SAP standard text table rather than creating a Z version.

Thks,

William

0 Kudos

the process is still the same.

0 Kudos

Not really because you're dealing with SAP standard tables - Kumar has the answer below. Thanks anyway.

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

If I understand your requirement correctly, you want to use the standard table ECHS_PROCESSES_T as the text table for your Z-table.

The method to make a table a text table for another table is to create a foreign key relationship in the to-be text table with the other table as the check table. So, in your case, you would have to create a foreign key relationship from table ECHS_PROCESSES_T to check table <your Z table>. And, since ECHS_PROCESSES_T is a standard table, this would require a standard modification which is normally avoided and which I would suggest against in this case.

However, if you have created a maintenance view for maintaining data in your Z-table and also created a foreign key relationship from the Z-table (as foreign key table) to check table ECHS_PROCESSES, you can pull in dependent table ECHS_PROCESSES_T, specify the right join conditions and display the text from ECHS_PROCESSES_T.

0 Kudos

Totally agree with Kumar Akshat:

Z table - foreing key (you must build it) ->  ECHS_PROCESSES <- text table (already done by standard)- ECHS_PROCESSES_T

Create a view of you z table, and with the dependecies first select ECHS_PROCESSES and then select ECHS_PROCESSES_T

The right answer if from Kumar, I just tried to clarify his point

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar/Luís. I'll give that a go.

0 Kudos

Cool! Hope it works for you.