cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BC_ARCHIVE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ILM Experts:

I have archived some BW IDOCs to Content Repository, and for end-of-life, I need to delete those documents from the storage system along w/ its meta data.

I have flagged those sessions as "To be Archived" in SARA for IDOC under Management, but when I use BC_ARCHIVE to delete the Administration Data the job says "Run 39 still contains archving jobs".

Does any one know what the issue could be and why my job is not executing?

Thanks,

Jane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

I believe  you are getting that message because you still have jobs showing in SARA -> IDOC -> Job.  If you delete these jobs, you will be able to then run the archive jobs for BC_ARCHIVE.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Karin.  It worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

I was archiving the FI_DOCUMNT object and the jobs were showing as incomplete after getting the message " the message log 999999 was ful" and the write job cancelled because of this. I again ran a new job for the same variant as the system did not allow me to CONTINUE the incomplete session.

Now the thing is that, the data has been archived but when I run a Z-report that fetches the data from the archive in the back ground, the job fails and says that it was processing the same incomplete archived session multiple times.

Any idea, how can I convert that incomplete session into a completed one?

I tried BC archive also but it said, that session already contains the jobs. Not sure, If I delete those incomplete sessions' jobs, what will be the impact on my archived data. Any help in this regards is much appreciated.

thanks

Deepankar

former_member222508
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepankar,

Job is incomplete when there is either deletion job or store job is pending. I am sure that the deletion job should have been executed. So i guess you would be pending with store jobs alone. Store those jobs in archive server and continue.

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepankar,

You might getting the error message as you have selected the "Complete" option under Detail Log in the variant.  

If you re run the archiving without moving the archiving session to invalid, it creates the duplicate archive file. Suggest to move the incomplete archiving sessions to invalid state, if the deletion is not yet happened. You can re run the FI_DOCUMNT archiving again. To remove the invalid archiving sessions request to run the archiving again with BC_ARCHIVE.

Regards,

Sudheer T

Answers (0)