cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR Enterprise - SQL 2008 Connection Error "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm migrating some CR2011 reports into CR Enterprise and am running into issues using an exisiting relational connection. I created a relational connection in IDT to connect to our SQL 2008 instance and it works fine for updating universes. However, when I try to add this same connection in CR Enterprise I get this error: "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified" I've looked around and some people have referenced 32 vs 64 bit but we made sure to use the 32 bit ODBC manager to create the DSN so not sure what it could be...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Do WebI reports created against the Universe work fine?

And, do you also have a 64-bit DSN (by the same name as the 32-bit) since in my opinion, CR for Enterprise will use the 64-bit Connection Server to connect to the database?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great question - haven't tried it but will today.

edit: Just tried and I can open the universe and choose dimensions but it gives the same error as below. I have a feeling we need to create a 64 bit connection for this to work.

I do have the 64 bit DSN and tried creating a connection in IDT to a System DSN I setup on the same SQL server but I get an error that the drivers don't match when I try to create it...

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris,

Can you tell what drivers are you using to connect to SQL Server 2008?

It has to be the SQL Server Native 10.0 driver (SQLNCLI 10.0) which apparently only comes as a 64-bit download on the Microsoft website. Install that and you'll see that it installs the 32-bit drivers too.

Try again after all of this and see if both WebI and CR for Enterprise are able to connect.

-Abhilash

antonette_oberholster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo

We are experiencing the same issue, however the above did not resolve our problem. Is there anything else that we can try?

Regards

Antonette

Answers (0)