Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NullPointerException - Mail Adapter - SAP PI 7.1

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts good morningall,

I´m developing the solution b2b dinamic mail based on XML info, I did a javacode mapped into XiMail30.xsd structure as you can see into image below all field of the structure are filled - (FROM - TO - SUBJECT - CONTENT_TYPE - CONTENT_DESCRIPTION - CONTENT_DISPOSITION and CONTENT) and the trace into javacode it´s works.

SXI_MONITOR

The Java.Lang.NullPointerException is coming from the channel of communication (MAIL) - Receiver to use the "USE MAIL PACKAGE" occurs exeception, however payload in all fields "FROM, TO, SUBJECT etc. .. are filled," see the images below:

Also I did a test unmark the "USE MAIL PACKAGE" and filled manually (FROM  - TO ) this time I got another error: no send adress specific

RuntimeWorkbench

Anyone got this kind error ?

Do you have any idea what´s is this ?

The XiMail30.xsd - Mail Adapters it´s not work well with SAP PI 7.1 Version ?

Thank you verry much,

Ricardo Viana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Probably your problem is the SMTP server.

Try to connect to other SMTP server or use a mail client to connect directly on this server and verify if it is working normally.

Regards,

Josieudes Claudio

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The infrastructure team Told Me That development system it's not authorized to send to relay SMTP server!

Now it's the focous on that, Im waiting for Them That configure and test again!

If it works I will update here will Maintain

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Josieudes,

The issue was at communication channel with SMTP server.

Now the solution is working smoothly.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Viana.

former_member194677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Viana,

I facing the same issue but in my case the scenario was working fine and suddenly I am getting Null pointer Exception Intermittently in Mail CC. Out of 10 message 2 message will in error.

Please share the details for your change.

Thanks

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Do you know if for those cases the field (TO) it's come blank ?

In my case the problem was the connection between servers and smtp server also the hard code value in java mapping of e-mail FROM, this value must be register and available to send mail into SMTP server to trigger msg. I request infra team to register the e-mail value and change the hard code , after that it's works perfect.

So as I understand your case, 10 messages 2 it's with error, write ? Do you teste the XML file on Interface/Operation mapping ?

If yes, could you replay with structure of XiMail30 ?

Thanks.

Viana.

Message was edited by: Ricardo Viana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some times Null pointer error comes generelly data. If you do not pass any mondatory fields values then it may leads to this error.

please your input data and try.

Regards,

Sreeni.

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kancham,

I already check the payload again, there is no errors.

I'm thinking that the error it's in adapter, I insert manually the fields FROM - TO - into communication channel and I got the same error.

I really dont know what to do anymore... Im waiting for BASIS import SAP BASIS 7.0 to check the adapter of old version.

Check the imagens below:

When field - FROM and TO is completed exception comes

Thanks for replay.

Kind regards,

Ricardo Viana.