Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder level authorization in BO 4.0

arun_kumar75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can you please suggest me how to do the folder level authorization in BO?

Thanks & Regards,

Arunkumar S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please refer the below links for Rights & Security Steps in SAP Business Objects Application.

Setup security in BusinessObjects XI 3.1:

Links:

http://www.paulberden.nl/2011/10/central-management-console-security/

Securing Information in 4.0:

Links:

http://events.asug.com/2012BOUC/0605_Securing_Information_in_SAP_BusinessObjects_BI_4_0_Setting_up_t...

Hope this will help you as well.

Thanks,

Daya

arun_kumar75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Thanks for the documents, but still facing some issues.

We have one User group "SD" and assigned user to this group. But the folder is not reflecting to that particular user. Later We assigned Top level security in folders, this is showing all folders but getting error while executing the report.

This method is not working !

Thanks & Regards,

Arunkumar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a user wants to execute a report, they need access to not only the report, but to the universe and connection for hat report as well. Have you set up access to these dependancies as well?

Kind regards,

Leandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please share the error screenshot?

arun_kumar75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leandi,

We have created the folders in the Public folder with Module wise (ex: SD,MM,FI....) and publised the reports in the respective folders. 

We need to provide the access to users to their respective folders not to all folders.

Yes, The users will be given access to change the report in the My documents not in Public folders.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks & Regards,

Arunkumar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You need to set up the security at each level i.e hierarchically ,maintain security at top folder level but make sure you only give view access to that folder not the sub folders(you need to un-check sub folder access).After top level folder move to next level i.e now set up access for your folder i.e SD here you can give View right and whatever rights you need to give .

Hope this help!!

Regards,

Shikha

arun_kumar75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

Please see the below error screenshot;

Thanks,

Arunkumar S

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Let take example i have a Web Intelligence Report (Sales Revenue.wid) and i want to apply Rights & Security to View that Report to "SD" Group.

Steps for Implementing above requirement:

Steps I: Create Users (Users Name: A,B,C,D)

Step II: Then Add Users (Users Name: A,B,C,D) to Group "SD"

Step III: Now Add Group "SD" to Universe Designer Group and apply the Rights & Security (For e.g: Full Control on "SD" Group)

Step IV: Now Apply Rights & Security on Connectioon Level For e.g Universe Connection Name is "SD_Connection" for "SD" Group

Step V: Now go to Folder Level apply Top Level Seurity to "SD" Group

Step VI: Now Select all Folders and Remove Security only you have to Remove the Tick. After that it will show "NO Access" in Rights & Secuity Windows

Step VII: Now Only Apply Rights & Security to Particular "SD" Folder where your all Web Intelligence Report is Saved and By Default it will apply to all level because you are already implemented Top Level Security, So no need to apply Rights on Web Intelligence Report Level.

Step VIII: And also check that you have Application Rights or not. So for that go to Applictaion Tab->BI Launch Pad and check the "SD" Group is added or not.

Step IX: Now login with User in BI Launch Pad and check the Report Status (Sales Revenue.wid)

Hope this will help you as well.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diya,

I dont think Step III is required i.e. "

Now Add Group "SD" to Universe Designer Group and apply the Rights & Security (For e.g: Full Control on "SD" Group)". Please let me know if any particular reason for that.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, set up two groups first grop includes all users anb second icnludes sub group for SD folder.

On top folder give View rights to top level group. In SD folder give acces to SD Group and deny access to Top level group. Dont inherite rights from Top Folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per ur screen shot, seems problem is with Universe and its connection.

give access to SD group on Universe and its connection.(Data access) and then try...If it still not works, set up a new connection and mapp uinvers to it and export. and then setup rights on new connection to SD group and then try to refresh....

arun_kumar75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

This worked, thank you.

Regards,

Arunkumar S

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
arun_kumar75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thanks for the documents.

We have one User group "SD" and assigned user to this group. But the folder is not reflecting to that particular user. Later We assigned Top level security in folders, this is showing all folders but getting error while executing the report.

This method is not working !

Can you please share opinion on this?

Thanks & Regards,

Arunkumar S