No special G/L acct defined for acct type D sp.G/L ind. W recon.acct 200004

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

i have got this while preparing a bills discounting @f-36

No special G/L acct defined for acct type D sp.G/L ind. W recon.acct 200004

Message no. F5008

Diagnosis

You want to post via a special G/L indicator which was not maintained completely in the system. The specification on which reconciliation account is to be updated in the general ledger is missing.

System Response

The line item cannot be entered.

Procedure

In system configuration enter a special G/L account corresponding to reconciliation account 200004 for account type D and special G/L indicator W.

Can any one deal this prob and provide any info...

Thank You.

Regards

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

For this error there may be 2 possibilities,

1) Check in gl account master data weather you have maintained the recon account as a customer or not,

2) check in OBYN transaction weather you have maintained or not a special G/L account corresponding to reconciliation account 200004 for account type D and special G/L indicator W .

I think you got my point.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur replays it got solved  Thank you ppl..

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our case, user made a mistake and assigned the down payment GL account (the one defined in OBYN) to the vendor in vendor master data. Once we updated the vendor master data to a different reconciliation GL account, the error went away.

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to FSS0, enter GL 200004. Control Data -> Recon. account for acct type -> Customers.

The GL Account 200004 must be zero balanced otherwise you have to maitain OBYN for a new Reconciliation Account Type D.

Best Regards