Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS - 7.3 - Unable to add SAP Instance

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We have PO 7.3 EHP1 SP04 system. (PO - Process Orchestation Single Stack Java System)

I have installed NWDS 7.3 - EHP1 - SP04 version in my system.

(File : nwds-extsoa-7.3-EHP1-SP04-PAT0005-win32.zip)

I have designed NWBPM in NWDS.

When I try to add my PO System in Window --> Preferences --> SAP As Java, after 1 minutes, it displays a message "The following SAP instance cannot be accessed at present.".

Then I tried to add through MMC. Window --> Show View --> Other --> Management Console. Here also, it displays the same message.

I tried to check Network Connections : Window --> Preferences --> General --> Network Connections. Our PO host is not added. All the Proxy Entries and Proxy By Pass Entries are unchecked.

Then I see the .log file in the .metadata folder, the log is given below.

------------------------------------------------------------------

!SESSION 2013-03-06 17:27:39.796

eclipse.buildId=@qualifier@
java.version=1.6.0_37
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2013-03-06 17:28:02.717
!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the key bindings from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' extension point
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2013-03-06 17:28:02.717
!MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command: plug-in='com.sap.ide.esr.tools.core.ui', id='com.sap.ide.esr.tools.ui.runchecks'

!ENTRY com.sap.ide.jvm.check 1 0 2013-03-06 17:28:44.982
!MESSAGE JVM Version Check succeeded.

!ENTRY com.tssap.util.ui 1 0 2013-03-06 17:28:55.388
!MESSAGE Sap NetWeaver Developer Studio - Platform Feature Version: UNKNOWN

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2013-03-06 17:29:09.184
!MESSAGE NLS missing message: Businessworkflow in: com.sap.glx.ide.i18n.messages

!ENTRY com.sap.ide.tools.services 4 0 2013-03-06 17:29:43.980
!MESSAGE Deployment failed: No default SAP system found in the configuration. Goto Window > Preferences > SAP AS Java to set or register one.
!STACK 0
com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.api.NdsApiException: No default SAP system found in the configuration. Goto Window > Preferences > SAP AS Java to set or register one.
at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getCurrentServerInfo(DeployerPlugin.java:97)
at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getClient(DeployerPlugin.java:246)
at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getClient(DeployerPlugin.java:218)
at com.sap.ide.tools.services.dc.EngineDcDeployService.deployFiles(EngineDcDeployService.java:255)
at com.sap.ide.tools.services.dc.EngineDcDeployService.deploy(EngineDcDeployService.java:135)
at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.actions.dc.DcDeployAction$5$1.run(DcDeployAction.java:282)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

-----------------------------------------------

I could not understand what is this error message.

I referred this thread. (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3243496). Do I need to install sapjvm6.msi. I don't know this installtion will help to fix this.

Could you please help me friends to fix this ?

Thanking you.

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jegathees,

please have a look at this:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/NWDS+Troubleshooting

(See the first entry here)

On the top of this, I rather ask it to be on the safe side:

are you sure that these engines are really up and running in that very moment when you attemp to add them via NWDS?

Best Regards,

Ervin

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I read the first item in the Troublshoting Wiki. (Engine not displayed in preferences)

I don't have OS level access to check the DEFAULT.PLF file.

I will check this and back to you.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

Thank you very much for your kind help.

After maintain the parameter service/protectedwebmethods = SDEFAULT  in 'DEFAULT.PFL' file, I am able to add PO Host in NWDS (Windows --> Preferences --> SAP As Java)

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jegatheeswaran,

Were you able to get the OS level access. Can you please provide me the details what is this access and how do we get it.

I gave my administrator id and password but its not successful.

Thanks

Harshmeet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Workaround:

In case you would face any problem when applying the above solution, then use the workaround:

in NWDS' menu go to Window -> Show View -> Other, and select the Management Console. Right click on SAP Systems, add system, and enter the hostname and instance number. A pop up will ask to enter an adm user and password, enter them both. Then go back to the Preferences, SAP AS Java screen and your system will be there.

For more detail read NWDS Troubleshooting - Java Development - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

It was a bit different for my NWDS version.  Went to "Window -> Show View -> Other -> Other" in order to select Management Console.  I restarted my NDWS application and received an error:

!MESSAGE Could not save servers

!STACK 0

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\<my ID>\Documents\SAP......\nwds_wprkspace\.metadata\.plugins

org.eclipse.wst.server.core\servers.xml(The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)

I backed out those settings

I haven't changed any DEFAULT.pfl settings.  Wound up having to use (SID)adm ID to deploy ear file.  I was a bit hesitant to change the parameter

service/protectedwebmethods = SDEFAULT -ParameterValue per SAP Note 2088024.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

What is this adm user id and password. What access does it have?

I tried with the administrator id and it did not work.

Can you please help.

Thanks

Harshmeet