cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrobilling - Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to retrobill a scenario where invoice has been raised for INR 100/pc and debit memo is to be raised retrospectively for price increase of INR 10.

I have maintained order reasons, and two pricing procedures - 'A' with no PDIF (assigned to sales order) and the other 'B' with PDIF (assigned to debit memo request & debit memo through doc pric proc.). I have maintained copy control between invoice & debit memo.

I have maintained the new price of INR 110/pc in VK12 and created condition record for PDIF for INR10. When I create debit memo manually with reference to invoice or debit memo request, 'B' gets determined correctly and debit memo is raised for differential amt of INR10. However, when I use VFRB for retro-billing, the debit memo generated is for INR110.

I have already implemented SAP note 388112, and gone through many discussion threads on the forum, and am still facing the issue. Please advise.

Regards,

Karuna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karuna,

Your post is confusing.

created condition record for PDIF for INR10

If I'm not mistaken,

1. std. cond type PDIF doesn't have any access sequence. SO,you can't maintain condition record.

2. this PDIF works tcode VFRB

3. SAP Note 388112 - Change of pricing procedures in the production system is a Recommendations/additional info and not correction note.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP/Lakshmipathi,

As queried before,

1) Pricing Procedure remains the same in credit/debit memo as in sales order

2) PDIF gets determined as INR 110.30, i.e., price increase of INR 100 & excise duties 10.3% ( 110.30 + ST = 121.66)

If I run VFRB again, 11.36 is retrobilled with a credit memo!!

Any insights in to why this is happening?

Karuna

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karuna,

Ideally, your debit memo(L2) should not reflect in retro-billing list. And entry should be like following:

Further, if you observe. B'coz of your above entry, instead of receiving money from the customer. You have to pay to the customer. It would be interesting to know, what result you get after simulating the retro-billing. Whether debit memo/credit memo is create or you get log?

Thank, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Excise gets calculated twice on price increase of 100. 110.3 is PDIF amt (with excise) & results in 121.66 + Sales Tax as per pricing procedure. Run VFRB for the second time and system shows error for 11.36 which is retro-billed with a credit memo using the same pricing procedure (excise & sales tax reloaded).

Karuna

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's why I mention, you don't require debit memo to adjust tax amount while considering retro billing. Debit/Credit memo for revised pricing ought come after retro billing transaction is executed fully.

Instead, you should follow following steps:

1. Maintain pricing condition record based on material(100 per ea)

2. Sales Invoice Original (older price = 100 x 10 ea = 1000)

3. Change pricing and price negotiated with customer. Maintain revised pricing condition with validity dates. (110 ea)

4. Run VFRB with original invoice and date should be based on validity dates as maintain in revised pricing condition record. On executing the transaction, i) this generate log and b) subsequently, it will create debit/credit memo based differential amount. (new price = 110 x 10 ea = 1100, diff 1000 - 1100 = - 100, retro debit memo for 100)

How your revised excise invoice will be created for revised price? Then refer my response in following link:

Requirement regarding Rate difference invoice or Subsequent invoice

I hope that should help you.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

Thank You for the link. Now when I run VFRB, system determines net price increase of 100, however my second pricing procedure assigned to debit/credit memos is overridden by PP of original billing document. Is there any std copying routine for header copy control which will re-determine PP??

Karuna

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard routine available for this -

any std copying routine for header copy control which will re-determine PP??

Please refer SAP Note 14136 - Pricing procedure for credit memo with reference and you would need a new copying control routine(VOFM - Copying Requirements - Billing Documents).

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

Thanks. Got desired result.

Karuna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JP is right.  Check my suggestion here.

supplementary Invoice | SCN

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your input.

I now used PDIF (standard with no access sequence) in pricing procedure 'B' assigned to credit/debit memos. In VFRB the retrobilling amount shows correctly (only price increase), but when I actually retrobill, the debit memo is coming with cumulative amount.

Pricing procedure 'B' with PDIF is not getting determined when i run VFRB. The sales order pricing procedure 'A' is flowing in to the credit/debit memos. However, when I create debit/credit memo manually, pricing procedure is determined correctly as assigned - 'B'.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Karuna