cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide the attachments using SWFVISU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I followed steps mentioned to hide the attachments part in the UWL using SWFVISU. However it did not work.

I did a re-register for the connector and also cleared the cache and buffers.

Any clues?

Regards,

Noufal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Noufal,

Did you make sure to make your entry in the Object Visualization section of SWFVISU?

Did you specifiy the both the class id and the category ("CL" for ABAP class)? 

Did you leave the method name empty?

After you cleared the UWL Cache (for all systems I hope?) Did you try creating a new work item that used that class to check the unwanted attachment was removed?

Did you look at the work item in a technical view, e.g. using transaction SWI1, to make sure there weren't any other classes you needed to hide?

If all of the above is true, occasionally such changes do not come through until the Portal itself is refreshed - so watch out for that. But try all of the above first.   It does work - I use it frequently.

Regards,

Jocelyn

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Noufal,

Re-register the concerned 'System Alias' in Universal Worklist - Configuration on SAP Portal.

Click on the "Cache Administration Page" link below and then select a concerned system alias and hit "Clear Cache" button.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did re register the system alias, cleared the cache and cleared the buffer as well. It did not work for us.

Currently we had to go with the solution of hiding the attachment part completely with the UWL properties.

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Noufal,

Have you copied the SAP standard "Configuration Name" . If so, make sure the Priority is SET to High for the custom configuration.

Are you referring to workaround mentioned below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fd/8bf6d1b0484ec7ade4369792a22293/frameset.htmRemoving

Could you please let us know which action you have removed to resolve the issue. Is it "launchSAPDetails" View Detail in SAP Gui

Regards

Sandy

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

You don't remove the action to achieve this. You simply assign the property to the action:

<Property name="display_order_priority" value="uwlExcludeFromPreviewDetail"/>

But we usually only have to do that for the addMemo and manageAttachments actions.

To hide unwanted attachments the SWFVISU configuration is much easier.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Share what exactly you have done, maybe you have made a mistake. I know you can hide attachment for specific BOs (meaning the link to open that BO will not be displayed) but if you need to hide attachments (objects stored in the workflow container) SWFVISU is not your tool, as far as I know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to hide the attachment for the task TS33700021. The class corresponding to the task is CL_HRASR00_WF_COMPONENTS. So in SWFVISU we set the Visualization Type - 'None' for this class.

We cleared the cache and buffer after this. However the attachment seems to be still visible in the UWL.

Are we missing something here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure but according to

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-portal/blog/2012/10/05/demystifying-uwl-uwl-connection-basics

you are on the right track. I can't find that workflow task to verify that you are using the right ABAP class and method. You could use Universal Worklist Content Configuration in the portal to check that after re-registering the item types the configuration for that specific task can be found. Look at the configuration named uwl.webflow.<system alias>.

Are you by any chance running several server nodes or dialog instances? I remember having buffer synchronization issues in the past when re-registering the item types on one node.