cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Generic Iview in SAP Portal ECC6 Ehp5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having strange problem in SAP Portal. In Portal whenever I create customized Query iview to fetch data inside Generic iview I receive "

Generic iView: An error occurred while the data was read

" This is one of the case where we were required to show 4 fields in Portal for IT0442-Conmpany car inside generic iview link where manager can select the employee from EMployee Search iview above and then data below will get picked up in the below iview of Company Car (fetches data based on customized SAP r/3 adhoc-query)

Request your help.

Regards,

Saroj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lucas_frattini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Saroj,

Did you fix it? I've the same error and I appreciate any information about it.

Regards.

Lucas

bharanidharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

Kindly post your issues with screenshot and error logs so that i will be easy for suggesting solution.

Regards,

Bharani

lucas_frattini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bharani,

Thank you for your quick response. The issue is that we've created a TestGenericIview in MSS, and as soon as it is run, wihtout changing any parameters whatsoever, we the error detailed below (Generic iView: An error occurred while the data was read).

And that's all the information we get from the SAP log and Last 24h.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards,

Lucas

bharanidharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

Please follow the below steps mentioned in the note :1137511

1. Log on to the portal and choose the tab page 'Self-Service Administrator'.
    2. Expand the path 'Portal Content' -> 'Content Provided by SAP' -> 'srvconfig' -> 'com.sap.pct.erp.servconfig.mss' -> 'Generic iView' and open the relevant Floorplan Manager (FPM) application.
    3. To create your own application variant, use the context menu to copy the FPM application and then use the context menu function 'Paste as Delta Link' to insert it in a folder of your choice.
    4. Open your new FPM application and enter a name for it that is different from the name of the copied application.
    5. On the right-hand side of the screen, choose the step 'Define Perspectives'
    6. Select the FPM view 'Generic iView Table' and choose 'Add FPM view to perspective' from the context menu.
    7. Specify an ID for the added view and maintain the properties accordingly.

If you do not require the generic list views, you can delete them from the perspective.

8. Save the FPM application.
    9. Change to the tab page 'Content Administration' and in a folder you create, execute 'New iView' from the context menu.
    10. Choose 'Web Dynpro Java application' and 'Next'.
    11. Choose 'Create one iView from each application view' and 'Next'.
    12. Select the newly created application variant and choose 'Next'.
    13. Specify names and IDs for the iViews to be created and choose 'Next'.
    14. Deselect the checkbox 'Open page wizard to create WebDynpro page' and then choose 'Next'.
    15. Choose 'Finish'.
    16. Open the Web page on which you want to display the two generic table iViews.

Select the two generic table iViews that you created in the process described above and choose 'Add iView to page' -> 'Delta Link' from the context menu.

If required, adjust the Web page layout.

1. 17. Save the changes on this Web page.

Regards,

Bharani

bharanidharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saroj,

The issue is check for the Backend query is available in the ECC.

Also if you tranport this custom FPM created Generic IView it needs to be recreated in that system also else these iview will not be shown in the page.

Regards,

Bharanidharan S P M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saroj,

Can you please check if you have a custom application created in FPM as per note 1137511?

If so, was it transported correctly to your productive system?

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

We have created a Portal iview based on ad-hoc-query and integrated it with the Employee Search application

Cutom query Iview created based on the below application:

Application Name: TestGenericIview

: sap.com/mss~eepro~genericiview

In NWA we receiving the error message as :generic iview: Failed to upload the data:

Regards,

Saroj