cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Init and loading for InfoCube...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm working in SAP NetWeaver 7.02 and I would like to Initialize delta. What I'm going to do, Full load into an standard InfoCube which does not have Aggregates and then Delta Init without Data Transfer for deltas.

1. Since, I'm working in BW PRD and my source is ERP PRD, Do I need to block the posting before Delta Initialization?

2. Should I be able to load the Deltas during document posting after the initialization of delta (say after 3 hours same day)?

3. Do I need to wait for the close of the day or run/execute Deltas during office closing time or during night?

4. Is the delta initialization differ for different DataSources?

5. What is the best practice for delta initialization and delta uploads?

6. How do I know that I've successfully Initialized Delta for my Infocube and how many records are there in DataSource after Delta Initialization for next load?

Looking forward to your reply!

Many Thanks!

Arshiyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Since, I'm working in BW PRD and my source is ERP PRD, Do I need to block the posting before Delta Initialization?

its depends on.if you want down time then you can block the users. if not then you first run info pack without data transfer.

next run the full load. mean time if any docs are created or modified those will capture in ur delta.

2. Should I be able to load the Deltas during document posting after the initialization of delta (say after 3 hours same day)?

once delta was initiated then you can trigger delta info pack every 3hrs once if you want. actually its depend on the data volume. if you know as your getting more records in your delta, you can run delta info pack  multiple times in a day.

if you designed process chain,delta infopack, delta dtp. you can run as you need in a day.

3. Do I need to wait for the close of the day or run/execute Deltas during office closing time or during night?

No.

4. Is the delta initialization differ for different DataSources?

delta init is function, just enables delta for data source which data source support delta.

5. What is the best practice for delta initialization and delta uploads?

First run info pack init without data transfer, next run the full load. after the full you can trigger delta info pack.

6. How do I know that I've successfully Initialized Delta for my Infocube and how many records are there in DataSource after Delta Initialization for next load?

Delta is related to data source not for info cube.

after the init success you can check at RSA7, your data source will visible there along the records in column "Total'.

Even as per v3 updated methods you can check delta records at SM13/LBWQ for LO.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks and welcome back dear, Wishing you for moderator.

I have got ask few questions!

1) What is down time in simple words and what is its usage?

2) What is the difference between (as you have mentioned above reply)

''first run info pack without data transfer.>>>next run the full load>> mean time if any docs are created or modified those will capture in ur delta''.

I understood that part. Now what if I perform with following sequence:

Full load>>>> INIT Delta with Data transfer >>>>then Delta for new records

Thanks

Arshiyan

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) What is down time in simple words and what is its usage?

Down time - mean blocking the users without entering records in ecc.after finishing init successful, we unlock users, once users enter records at ecc, those records will capture in next delta load.

2) What is the difference between (as you have mentioned above reply)

''first run info pack without data transfer.>>>next run the full load>> mean time if any docs are created or modified those will capture in ur delta''.

I understood that part. Now what if I perform with following sequence:

Full load>>>> INIT Delta with Data transfer >>>>then Delta for new records.

After the success of full load and before running the init delta  with data transfer, if any record changed in fraction seconds. it may not be guarantee to get those record in next delta. that's y first enable the delta, then run full load and delta. maximum we won't miss any record.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

According to your suggestion I've created new InfoPackage with Delta Init without Data Transfer and scheduled it

When I went to Monitor I've found following screen:

1. Why there is one record only? What does this one record mean?

When I went to ECC side and at transaction RSA7 I've found following screen or Status:

1. Have I managed to create successful Delta?

2. What should I do to Initialize successful Delta?

3. How to resolve about issue?(This is for the first time that i'm gonna Initialize Delta)

Many Thanks

Arshiyan

former_member619464
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like you have to replicate the datasource in BW and activate the transfer structure.

Check if you have an existing active transfer struc & datasource struc in BW first

Ravi

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be one empty row will be there. its default one.

Your init was success, that's y you can see your data source at RSA7.

Seems like some changes are happened transfer structuer. so please make it as active by running program - SE38 - Transtru_activate_all .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

I have logged on ECC side and used T code  SE38 and executed the function  rs_Transtru_activate_all   and below screen popped up.

After executing, I had the display log screen. Please see the below short

When I  went to T code  RSA7, i still have got BW delta screen as below

1. As per your direction for the activation of Transfer Structure by running program - SE38 - RS_Transtru_activate_all. I'm still not getting green signal light in RSA7 and the total column is zero?

2. What should I do now?

3. I have not triggered full load yet for the DataSource since yesterday as, I'm not sure that the delta has been successfully initialized.

4. What does the Log Display message mean " No Transfer Structure Found".

Cheers

Arshiyan

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to make active in bw side not in ecc side.

Bw side execute that program , give the info source and source system execute it.

After that execution, delete init and check rsa7. no data source will be there.

again do the step init without data transfer and check it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raman

On Ecc side I have made active and got the following display log.

i have deleted init IP and when i went to RSA7 and then deleted data source,

i again performed the step init without data transfer and checked and on monitor view, i got the dummy records (1 record) but the problem couldn't resolved RSA7:BW Delta Queue Maintenance. 0 record with red single.

When i have checked the relevant Info source it is emulated, here is the screen short

Do i have to do any thing with it?

Thanks a lot!

Arshiyan

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arshiyan,

- Why there is one record only? What does this one record mean?

You had just performed INIT with out data transfer initially. we will perform INIT Without data transfer when you had already loaded full data load and you want to set the delta pointer then we will opt for init without data transfer.

Here in your case as you are running the loads for the first time, best practise is to perform INIT WITH data transfer and once this load is comeplted set the update mode to Delta as the delta pointer is set.

When you perform INIT without data transfer you will get a dummy record entry which set the detla pointer at the source system side. that's the reason why you are able to see only 1 record loaded for init without data transfer.

Due to which as the init was not taken care and delta pointer was not set the RSA7 its displayed as red.

1. Have I managed to create successful Delta? --> First execute INIT with data transfer and once this is done set the IP update mode to delta.

2. What should I do to Initialize successful Delta? --> Run INIT with data transfer and once this is done delta pointer will be automatically set.

3. How to resolve about issue?(This is for the first time that i'm gonna Initialize Delta) --> this was discussed above..

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KP

According to your suggestion I have logged on ECC side and used T code RSA7  and deleted previous Delta Queue request which was RED and Records where 0. Then I went to BW side and deleted Infocube data and InfoPackage and created new one with Delta Init with Data Transfer: And when I clicked on Monitor button I've received following Information: ''express document check load from InfoSource received from author biremote''.

When I googled it and found that I need to Replicate my DataSource to resolve this issue. But after Replication the issue was there. and at Monitor after Schedule I found following Screen:

When I went to ECC side and at transaction RSA7 this time I found that DataSource Status with Yellow and Records are 0. see below screen shot:

1) Could you please tell me what was the information about (''express document check load from InfoSource received from author biremote''.)?

2) Why 0 records showing in the above screen short  in the above screen why red single is showing in the PSA screen short monitor as you see the 1st screen short.

3) When i went on EEC RSA7, why it showing a yellow status with 0 record? What does it mean

weather the delta has been Initialized successful?

Thanks

Arshiyan

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The error caused due to the time stamp of the data sources is different in both the systems.

try to replicate the data source once and trigger the data load.

Kill the job at source system and delete the entry from RSA7 as well.re trigger the data load once after replicate the data source.

Hope this helps

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have already replicated Data-source and went to RSA7 and delete the entry for delta and the Error'' express document check load from InfoSource received from author biremote'' has been solved.

The above the situation has not been resolved. I'm still getting 0 records in Red color in PSA and on ECC RSA7 side still getting Record in Yellow color status for Data source.

What do you mean by'' Kill the job at source system and how to do it?

Thanks

Arshiyan

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok good...

I mean to say that the source system job of the load might be active, cross check once and kill if its active.

Update the status once your load finished.

Regards

KP

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you filled the setup tables for the sales orders...in ECC side... Check in RSA3 if the data source is returning any data entries or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have already done with Setup table ( Delete & Setup) and I have checked RSA3, i found data records are constructively increasing.

I have taken all the necessary steps. Problem is being,  my DELTA is not Initializing ( With data Transport).

1) What do you mean by ''I mean to say that the source system job of the load might be active, cross check once and kill if its active'' as you mentioned in the above reply?

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arshiyan,

You had triggered the data load (INIT) -- load got failed with the message...

express document check load from InfoSource received from author biremote

and the status of the data source in RSA7 was yellow.I was just giving idea if source system job which might be still active causing the status of the data source in RSA7 as yellow.

before replicating the data source once again i asked you to check and kill the source system job.

Arshiyan: There are all BASIC things we check when ever a job fails...

- KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KP

Thanks for reply. Could you please tell me '' How to kill the source system job''?

Thanks

Arshiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arshiyan,

Select your Infopackage and go to Process monitor in that

Go to Header,

There you will find Request (job)and double click on that Copy it.

Goto R/3 side

Use T code SM37

Provide Job Name(Request) which u r copied above.

Provide the User Name as  * and execute if you find that job with active status then kill it.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to info pack monitor,from menu  Environment --> job overview --> source system

--> it will prompt for ID n PWD -enter and check the status. if it active. select and from menu job, click on cancel.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

Thank you so much for your assistance.

1.I've been able to resolve the issue. Now when I see RSA7 BW Delta Queue Maintenance at ECC side its now Green but still Total column is Zero. Why?

2. I've created new Infopackage for Full load and all records have been loaded successfully into PSA. But when I activated and Executed DTP I've encountered following RunTime Exception or Error and i"m unable to proceed? see below Screen Shot:

Thanks

Arshiyan

Former Member
RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see records at  RSA7, once new records are created in ecc. it will take a time to get into rsa7.

Please go thru below link to resolve your issue. ITAB_DUPLICATE_KEY.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a04c82eb-ec7c-2c10-7fae-ca6e764c4...

Thanks

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arshiyan,

Check if there are any duplicate entries of Infosource in the table RSISOSMAP .

Check the below link

http://scn.sap.com/people/amit.abhishek2/blog/2012/02/13/itab-duplicate-key--a-row-with-the-same-key...

Regards

KP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Note was created for help to solve this type of issues:

2200940 - Report RS_BW_POST_MIGRATION leads to dump ITAB_DUPLICATE_KEY

Regards,

Janaina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, I'm using (Standard) different infocubes like: Period Specific Order, Cost and Allocation. I have successfully Initialized Deltas- Without Data Transfer and afterwords, I performed Full Upload to the mentioned InfoCube. Then, I logged on R3 side by using RSA7. Where there, I saw, all Delta Queues have been successfully Initialized but RECORDS 0 in total.

Following questions required to ask from experts!

i- Why I my records are 0 there, why not i can see Total records for Delta Queue?

ii- Is there any thing still missing by me or still I need to take further steps, if so, please guide me?

iii- As I have done successfully. Initialization of Delta, then I'm wondering  why my Records are still 0 showing?

Kind regards

Arshiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arshiyan,

Check your V3 collection jobs are running, below are programs for same.

RMBWV311 - Sales

RMBWV312 - Shipping

RMBWV313 - Billing

Also go through below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/737788

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much.

As per your advise, I've executed following Programs(SE38) RMBWV302, RMBWV304, RMBWV305, RMBWV311, RMBWV312 and then RMBWV313.

1). To bring Delta Data, in Delta Queue maintenance for BW (T code: RSA7), do i have to execute these programs on daily basis or When I need to fetch Delta Data into delta queue before loading into BW DataTargets?

Below is a screen shot you can see the current situation of BW Delta Queue Maintenance(RSA7):

2). Could you please let me know,, how/what i do for these TWO Data Sources(

2LIS_01_S001 and 0CO_OM_CCA_9) in order to get Delta Data into Delta Queue?

3). When I used T:code: RSA3 to check the delta data of Data Sources, I've received following error message?

4). I couldn't understand the message. could you please let me know what is this message all about and how to resolve it?

5). When I tried to load Delta Data into BW and Scheduled Delta InfoPackage, then I received this error message: " Error occurred in the data selection" in RSMO. How to correct this message and be able to load successful Delta Data?

Many Thanks

Arshiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arshiyan,

1) Do full load in BW.

2) Do delta without data transfer

3) Perform delta load or check in rsa3 you can see those records.

Till you do init you will not see records in rsa3

Regards,

Ganesh

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

2. that programs are depend on data sources. it won't be the same for all data sources.  for 0CO_OM_CCA_9, no need to run any progframs. you just need to maintain safety delta limit, automatically records will capture at rsa7.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/205995

3. you data records as 999999 and display extr calls 9999, this is leads to to get that error.

better to  10000 and 1000. in general in delta loads we won't get laks records as my guess.

5. As my guess there is some selection ar your info pack, for delta info pack, selections are not possible. check at info pack selection tab, if any values ae there , remove and triggerdelta info pack.

Thanks

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arshiyan,

1) Below are the steps you need to follow to initialize the LIS data source, as your data source is not LO data source its an LIS data source. procedure is different for this.

1.Goto tcode OMO1 in R/3, find the infostructure S001 and double click on it.

2.Set the update type to no updating.

3.Open LBW0 under delta updating in LIS choose generate updating and execute.

4.In BW, Replicate DataSource, and run info Package with Initilization.

5.Now again in R/3 we need to "Activate" Delta option from transaction code LBW0.

6. Display settings in LBW0 and you will see the delta update is active.

7. You can cross check by opening se12 and checking if the system has created structures (S001BIW1 and S001BIW2)

8. These are the two structure will updates delta to BW.

9. last step is to goto OMO1 to activate LIS Update to Synchronous updating and save.

2) For LIS data source check the above steps.

0CO_OM_CCA_9 --> you need to maintain the setting in table BWOM_SETTINGs. I don't have the OSS note handy... will update you on this.

3) You are recieveing error message because you did not select target system. from you screen shot if you are checking RSA3 for delta then you need to enter the target system and execute RSA3.

4) Which message you are talking about? If you are talking about message in 3, then check above.

5) Not clear if you are talking about the above things then check my above points how to proceed.

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

Thank you so much for your help. As per your advise I followed the steps to Activate LIS DataSource Delta for DataSource: 2LIS_01_S001. But during the process I've faced following error message: Generation is not possible in the sap named range: When I searched this error message on SCN I found that LIS DataSource ranging (S000-S500) are standard and I don't need to do anything for these and I cross checked it by going to SE12 and there I found both Transparent Tables(S001BIW1 and S001BIW2): . Then I jumped to Step:9: Goto OMO1 to activate LIS Update to Synchronous updating and save.

1). When I for the first time used OMO1 the Updating option was Asynchronous updating (2) but after having both Transparent Tables(S001BIW1 and S001BIW2) you are suggesting that we should select Synchronous updating(1) Why?

2). Can we or should we select the Period split Day option instead of Posting Period(Fiscal year variant)? Please see the screen shot:

3). Would you please elaborate on Period split and Updating different options what are these and how to use these and their differences in simple words? As shown in above screen shot:

4). After changing the Update to synchronous Updating(1) I went to RSA7 and could not found any record there for delta. What should I do now?

5). For DataSource: 0CO_OM_CCA_9 I used T code: SE12 and entered table name BWOM_SETTINGS. Please see the screen shot and let me know which/what settings I need to Maintain for DataSource: 0CO_OM_CCA_9 to be able to see Delta Records into RSA3 and RSA7?

Thanks

Arshiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raman

Thanks for reply. I have been visited to your given link https://scn.sap.com/thread/205995 for my 

datasource   0CO_OM_CCA_9

There is mentioned two things, which are

Safety behind - ie timestamp - 2 hours

Safety overlap - ie duplicate 2 hours worth of document up to now

1) Could you please let me know in simple word's about Safety Behind & Safety Overlap and how

we use it, as I couldn't find in IP.

2) Do I have to use in my scenario, if so, then which option i go through?

3) I have checked RSA7 BW Delta Queue Maintenance to look up Delta Records but 0CO_OM_CCA_9 records are not being showing as you see in the screen short.

4) I also tried to check its Delta Data in RSA3, but couldn't showing up. Could you please suggest your expertise?

Thanks

Arshiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My Duplicate key issue has been resolved. Many thanks for your advices.

Now, I've populated my DataTarget InfoCube with Full InfoPackage and DTP (Full) extraction modes with Total Number of Records: 186,466. Bare in mind, I've initialized Delta without Data Transfer InfoPackge. But when I used T:Code: RSA7  BW Delta Queue Maintenance to check out my Delta Records there I found 0 Total: See the screen shot:

Thereafter, I checked at T:Code RSA3 Extractor Checker S-API on ECC side and there I found total number of records for DataSource: 186,578

1. As you must have noticed the total number of records since Full upload into DataTarget have been increased. But when I checked it at RSA7 it did not show any, Why?

2. Where are my Delta Data being placed and how I can keep track of it?

3. When should I load Delta Data using Delta InfoPackage and Delta DTP into my DataTarget InfoCube?

4. Why isn't RSA7: BW Delta Queue Manintenace is showing total column 0 value?

I'll appreciate your reply.

Many Thanks!

Arshiyan

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. As you must have noticed the total number of records since Full upload into DataTarget have been increased. But when I checked it at RSA7 it did not show any, Why?

I think you forgot to active V1 or V2 or V3 for your data source. this LIS Data source. you need activate update method by using t - code MC25 in ecc system.

2. Where are my Delta Data being placed and how I can keep track of it?

your delta records are in base tables. once you set the update method, records will capture at RSA7.

3. When should I load Delta Data using Delta InfoPackage and Delta DTP into my DataTarget InfoCube?

You can load every day before starting the businesshours.

4. Why isn't RSA7: BW Delta Queue Manintenace is showing total column 0 value?

See the 1st answer.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank very much for reply.

This is my data-source name  customer 2LIS_01_S001 . I have run already Full update & delta has been Initialized.

1. What is V1, V2 and V3 in simple words?

2. According to your suggestion I'm gonna activate using MC25, what kind of effects it will have on delta records? Is it okay to activate, V1, V2 and V3 for DataSource after Initialization and Full Load executed?

3. Please see the screen shot for MC25 and what kind of information should I enter into the fields, Info Structure and Update Group (stats) for DataSource: 2LIS_01_S001. As I've not done before?

After activated V1/V2/V3,  can I able to see Delta records on RSA7?

Thanks

Arshiyan

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For V1, V2 and V3 updates, go this below link.

http://scn.sap.com/message/3101436#3101436

2. According to your suggestion I'm gonna activate using MC25, what kind of effects it will have on delta records? Is it okay to activate, V1, V2 and V3 for DataSource after Initialization and Full Load executed?

As per the V1,V2 and V3 updates records are moving to RSA7 from base tables.

3. Please see the screen shot for MC25 and what kind of information should I enter into the fields, Info Structure and Update Group (stats) for DataSource: 2LIS_01_S001. As I've not done before?

As per your data source LIS str is S001 and update method as you need.

Before doing any steps, please read about LIS extaction for sap-defiend data sources. you will get clear idea.

After activated V1/V2/V3,  can I able to see Delta records on RSA7? Yes,

Below links are helpful about LIS.

http://scn.sap.com/message/1704089

https://scn.sap.com/message/2912143

Thanks