cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI launchpad: Index: 0, Size: 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using WebI 4.0 SP5 latest patch level (Server+Client).

I designed a report in Rich Client and saved it on launchpad, so that other users can view and edit it.

If I try to change the query of my report and click apply changes in launchpad, I get the following error: "Index: 0, Size: 0" and I have to close the report.

When I open the same report in Rich Client everything works fine.

I already tried to save the report again, but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen this type of "Index 0 Size 0 ( WIS 00000 Error)" in BI4.0 before SP4 in WebI that it occurs when changing a Webi report query or data source.  See SAP BO KB 1754894 - In BI4, On creating WebI report getting Error "Index 0 Size 0 ( WIS 00000 Error)" when Query filter contains Objects with combination of "Is Null" or "Is Not Null" Operator and "Optional Prompt" and SAP BO KB 1768058 - Error: “Index:0 Size:0” is seen when a Web Intelligence report is refreshed after changing the data source of an existing WebI report from unv to unx.

You said you are "using WebI 4.0 SP5 latest patch level (Server+Client)."  Is it SP05 Patch5?  Any chance if you can replicate the same report and work flow in a SP04 environment?

Regards,

Jin-Chong

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BI4.0 SP6 has a fix for this "Index 0 Size 0" See page 605 of the Support and Feature Pack Release Notes SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite 4.0 - SP06

ADAPT01666803

Description

This problem is resolved.

New Behavior

Web Intelligence documents migrated from XI 3.1 to BI 4.0 shows a "Index 0 Size 0" error when opened in the Web Intelligence Web interface.

If you try to open this document in Web Intelligence Rich Client or the Rich Internet Application, the

following error message appears:

Unable to get the first page of the current report. Please check the validity of your report or contact your administrator. (ERR WIJ 20003)

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, but SP 6 is not available yet, as far as i know?

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is now and available for download.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin-Chong,

We recently upgraded to SP06 but we are still getting the issue. Is there any other way to resolve this?

Thanks!

Rini Bhavsar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having same issue as Sabrina - except we are now on BI4.0 SP11 and have just started experiencing this after the SP11 upgrade.

I cannot change or add a query or any of the data provider elements without getting the "Index 0 Size 0" error.

My task is to build a document with four different queries and associated reports.  None of the queries are linked or merged in any way.  Client just wants the output to generate all from one doc.  I can get two of the queries/reports up and running, but as soon as I try to add the third query, doc starts crashing with the "0 / 0" Errors.

This is not a migration issue.  Original doc built in same environment that now is rejecting it when I try to edit.

Does anyone know how to make this work in SP11?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Our BO version is BI4.0 SP8,but we still have the same problem.

I got the error, "Index 0 Size 0"  since I tried to add third query in one webi report.

Anyone can help me?

thanks.

Sabrina