cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I Have SRM 7.01 and ECC 6.0 EHP5 Installed in my Company.Now I want to Install MDM 7.1.

As we are planning to integrate these systems with MDM 7.1?

Is it Possible?Can anyone please send me any link or any document regarding the same?

Please help me out guys.

Many Thanks

Ajitabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

subhendu_sap
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can you please help to guide me through the post configuration acivities for connecting MDM 7.1 system with SRM system.I will be doing the installation of MDM 7.1 as central system not as SRM-MDM catalog in Ms SQL 2012 DB and OS as Windows Server 2012.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajitabh,

Welcome to MDM forum.! Good to know that you are starting of with MDM !

First of all, I would suggest to ensure following pre-requisites are met while installing MDM on your machine. Please refer following link which explains the  installables on different operating systems and windows client (SMTP logon required).

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/pam?hash=pvnr%3D01200615320900001508%26pt%3Dt%257COS%26ainstnr%3...

Integrating MDM system with ECC and SRM is very much possible. Following document will be very helpful:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29339

Please let us know if any queries. Hope this information helps! (Do remember to close this thread if query is answered)

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

Many Thanks for the links you have provided to me.Actually I am New into MDM Installation.

I want to Install it into Windows Server 2008 R2 with DB2 9.7 FP4 Enterprise Server Edition.

Which Installer and components should I Select in SMP?Can you Please provide me the exact Path

in SMP for the Installer Master?

As I have Started Installation there are 2 options.Please find the attchment for the same.I am using the following Installation for MDM.

SRM-MDM CATALOG 7.01

SAP SRM Catalog

Number 51039147

Have I choose the right one?If now can you please provide the correct one for the same.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the options on the second one?

1.Central system has 3 components as seen in Description: MDS, MDIS,MDSS.

2.Central system for SRM-MDM catalog: What are the components here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

Thanks for the reply.

In the second option there are MDS and MDIS only.

So which option should I take for further Installation?

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajitabh,

Go for the first option- Always better to have all 3 services. Let me explain the use of MDS, MDIS and MDSS.

MDS- Controls the entire MDM server and all its associated applications like Data Manager, Import Manager, Syndicator and console.

MDIS- Useful to import files into MDM repository automatically

MDSS- Assists in syndicating files out of MDM to other associated systems like SRM, ECC, PI,etc

Hope this servers as helpful answer.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

Please find the attachment contains the screenshot of the contents which is asked by sapinst.

As I am using SAP Netweaver MDM 7.1 SP09.I am not able to find any components inside it.

Can you please help me out?

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me out for the above scenario.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajitabh,

Did you proceed further with installation ? If not, following link will serve as guidance wherein same problem was reported. It talks about additional software packages that would be required for further completion.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1896373

Please review above link and let us know if any further queries.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

I found the Packages of the MDS.MDIS and MDM Shared Server Content Package but not able to

find the Package of MDM Syndication Server Package(MDSS) in SMP.Can you please help me out?

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logon to SMP and follow the path:

Software downloads-->Software packages and patches-->My Company's Application Components-->My Company's Software-->SAP MDM-->SAP NETWEAVER MDM 7.1--> Entry by Component-->Syndication Server-->MDM syndication server 7.1 (windows on x64)-->MDM 7.1 SP09 Patch0 - Syndication Server.

If you are not able to see the above server then it may be because of MDM licensing/authorization issue.

Please contact SAP in this regards. They will be the best contact point to answer!

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

Thanks for the help.I have sucessfully completed Installation of MDM Server in windows server2008

r2 with DB2.Can you please tell me what will be next steps for MDM Server Configuration?

Please help me out.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might have to be in touch with basis team all through this. There will be few security alignments to which we might not be aware of.

Can you please elaborate on what do you wish to know about MDM server configuration? I hope you have the MDM installation guide- If not, please download and refer this for more detailed explanation.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajitabh,

I hope your initial query is resolved. Please close this thread as answered.

You can always create discussion if there are any clarifications/queries with regards to MDM. We will be happy to assist you!

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanx for your help guys.

Closing this thread.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajitabh,

This forum is still marked as "Unanswered" with a question mark (?).

Click on Tick mark (/) indicating as Answered. Only then this thread will be marked closed.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Currently I am installing MDM 7.1 SP08 and during the installation I got stuck where we need to provide the MDS, MDIS, MDSS and MDS shared server content package software location for those.

I tried giving the label.ASC from the downloaded installation media. Attaching the screenshot

My download directory path is as below

/sapcds/MDM_Installs/51040422/DATA_UNITS/NW_MDM_71_SP08  so could you suggest me which file I need to provide to continue with the installation.

Thanks,

rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You need to point the installer to the folders of the 4 MDM components you wish to install (MDS, MDIS, MDSS and SHARED).

You should've downloaded those 4 packages from the SAP market place, once you have them simple extract them and point the installer to the relevant packages.

Regards,

Tal.