cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see points and badge in thread view.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Today I am surprised to see that I can not see points by pointing on some user and also not able to see badge (Star) in thread view. For this I have to go in user profile to check his or her or even my own points. Is this some new change or something under development?

Thank$

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

I've filed a bug report (COMM-2003) and added it to the . Should be fixed by Sunday if all works well.

Best,

Oliver

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oliver

Thanks for your prompt response. Will be looking forward when this issue will be resolved.

Thank$

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ali, I hope you will have a similar comment, just from the positive perspective, once we ship this fix

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you sir for your prompt responses. I am waiting for those comments

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ali, I hope you noticed that the status labels and points are back since Sunday.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got it but I was waiting for your comments

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Not from a technical or functionality point of view, does seeing the label or points make any difference (in general, and to you in particular)?

While reading this thread...this question came to my mind

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW

For me its important to see the star under every member. With this I come to know the expert level of user who is commenting on some post. May be this is not necessary for others but for me it is

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

For me, it is the content of the post rather than a badge or points.

Better than content of post...would be to notice members whose contents are consistently of high quality.

When I mark this pattern (content of high quality, consistently over time), then I take notice of "other" details like name, badge, points, "follow that member" etc.

The learning is of members is not based on badge, points...but on the content of posts!

Side comment: Keep up the good work!

And hope you would be "serving / contributing here" for a long...long time to come!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much sir for your suggestions and comments. I agree with you. When some contributor keep posting high quality content then his name and badge automatically comes under well known contributors like you.

I wish you good luck for your career and for SCN too

Thank$

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

yes we are in the middle of switching to a new reputation system. What you are experiencing though is not how it should work at this point in time.

I'll open a bug report and see to get this issue fixed.

Best,

Oliver

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oliver,

Is there a "place" where we can read about this "new reputation system"?

All members should get communication (the details, a link etc.) about the same; probably is an action which the forum would do (and has already planned).

JL23
Active Contributor