cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enhance SAP given Datasource with FM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i am doing enhansement to one of the SAP given DS. Now this DS is based on couple of SAP tables ( For eg. Table A and Table B ), i have done enhansement by doin append strecture. but now ther are few fields, which i dont find under Table A and B . but a FM can get the field value. I think these new fileds are based on strecture and not Table.

So how would i append strecture for those fields which are coming from FM.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

You will get this field from AUFK table, field name is KTEXT.

Actually the transaction KO03 is pulling it from View name COAS but that is nothing but a view over table AUFK.

Just for your information this field is nothing but text for Internal order, you can use extractor 0COORDER_TEXT to upload text for internal order rather than enhancing your extractor

0COORDER_ATTR for populating text for internal order.

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikas,

But it look slike KTEXT is the Short description of the order, i am looking for a Ltext which is next to ktext. but its just a Flag. Long text exists = "X". But where ???

If you check that table, there is Ltext field, but its only a Flag. where does the Long desc. stored ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Check this link, it will answer your question.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1836412

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you vikas for your efforts..

I have already checked that thred.. but unfortunately i just have Order# to get long text. i dont think i can use INIT_TEXT and save_text to get my information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandy,

Plz mention whats the data source you want to enhance and what is the field you want to append?

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its 0COORDER_ATTR  i am enhancing. there is a FM called K_ORDER_READ, and if you put

AUFNR you get few exported fields, out of those i have to store value from KTEXT

so, i will have to write CMOD for that DS, and pull the values using FM ..correct..

It would be good if someone give me sample code.

thnaks

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Please go thru below one , mighe be useful to write a simple logic.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/BI+-+Master+data+Enhancement+Code

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you...all. i have managed to put all code togather and now i could extract the value...But unfortunately...i was pulling wrong value...

I need your help in order to locate a field in SAP.

if you try TCode KO03 in ECC, and put order # ,it will display Internal Order.

Now,  2nd line is Description of the Internal Order, very next to it there is an icon of Long text of it, and i have to pull that field in BW. But i am not able to locate that field in ECC.

Can anybody help me...thanx

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

You better to check with MM/SD consultant you will know the table name. once you know that you can get that one bi by using extrcation.

There is order number field - AUFNR, table AUFK. please check in that table.

Assigning points are equal to saying thanks on SCN.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

thanks for your reply...But i dont have any SD/MM person newar me in my office. your help is appriciated.. and yes i will assign poin once i have correct answer.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Please name then data source.

Your appended fields will be avaible in part of your extract structure. you can see added fields in  RSA6 or RSA2 also. make them unhide and maintain logic/code to fill that fields in CMOD.

Component - RSAP0001

Exits - EXIT_SAPLRSAP_001,002,003,004 transaction data and master data respectively(attr,text and hier)

Thanks