cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Bank with Multiple Accounts - How to set up FBZP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a House Bank with 2 identical accounts. While setting up FBZP, I have always realized that in setting up Bank Determination->Bank Accounts, the key for the setup is House Bank + Payment Method + Currency - thus for a situation where I have 2 accounts in the same House Bank, I am unable to set up these two accounts unless I set up a different House Bank.

How does one solve this problem without resorting to creating a new House Bank?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shreekar,

You can't since Account ID isn't key field. The system assume that if you have a check under the Home Bank you don't need define it for multiple Accounts ID's. You have to create other Home Bank to have your requirement done.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marssel,

Thanks for the confirmation - I think this is a huge drawback in the way this functionality has been set up and I am amazed that they have not solved this before. There are many situations wherein we have multiple accounts within the same bank and creating multiple house banks for this purpose is just plain ridiculous. Thanks anyways for the update!

Shreekar

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shreekar, I think so. Would be perfectly regular if you have multiple Bank Accounts working for same purpose.

Best wishes

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aman_goel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please correct me if my understanding is not correct. You have two bank accounts with same house bank?  You can have any number of acccounts within one house bank as long as it has different account ID's and account number. The bank account to be picked up for payment will depend on the ranking order you set up for the particular payment method.

Please let me know if this answers your question. Else elaborate your question!

Thanks and Regards

Aman Goel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes two bank accounts with the house bank.

However they represent two entities within our firm.

Right now the payer on our printed check is our parent company.

My guess is this cannot be dictated by account for example payer 1 on account 1 and payer 2 on account 2.

We would like to establish in the end the cash management will be at the account and house bank level.

However the bank has setup each account under separate entities.

The checks must be presented with different payer names for each account.

Maybe we could handle in the SAP script of the check printing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are talking about Bank Accounts (enhanced) function available in FBZP. However this enhanced function can be used only if we process payments using F110. In case of manual cheque payments (F-58) it seems the enhanced settings is not invoked by SAP.Thus in case of F-58 the only solution is to create multiple house banks for the same bank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shreekar.

Normally to solve this issue we will use RANK ORDER..while creating FBZP we need to mention rank order for the bank..no matters how many account id available in house bank..and if you not clear with this can you plz elaborate the issue which ur undergoing..

thanks& regards

DHANAPRABU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheekar,

You can have two account in the same house bank, you need to have a different account ID for both, then you can configure both the bank account under the same house bank.

System will take the account number with the combination of House Bank->Pay method->currency->account id.

You can also choose ranking order, based on which system will take the account on priority which you have maintained.

You don't have to create one house bank for one account number, it is not the standard.

Regards,

M S Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question we are running SAP R/3.

We have a wholly owned subsidiary that we are running out of quick books.  It's a company that is simply processing royalty payments and in essence receiving enough income from the parent company to process the royalty payments.

We have two checking accounts 1. normal business operations 2. royalty payment subsidiary.  These accounts are setup with one banking entity (bank XYZ).

I have a question we would like to setup a bank account for AP only no AR receipts or income will be posted from sales system.  We will be posting vendor invoices and paying them from checking account number 2 (royalty subsidiary).

We will do electronic transfers via our banks website to provide funds to royalty subsidiary.

We would like the wholly owned subsidiary's name to be on the checks that are run for payment from the royalty account.  Is this possible in standard configuration? is the payment from company name assigned via the company code or house bank?

I am looking to get an outside resource to perform these setups but want to get an idea of scope.

Thanks,

Jeremy