cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

afaria 7 sms gateway

0 Kudos

i try to set up sms gateway after copy dll into afaria\bin\smsgateway and put smsgateway path in enviroment but i have ONS4000: Invalid configuration message into log events and service doesn't start.

is there some one that could explain how i have to configure sms gateway?

please, is it possible to have an example of sms gateway configuration?

sms gateway is on optional component to admin device using afaria or not?

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Loris

The instructions for installing and configuring the SMS Gateway are in the Installation and Configuration guides for Afaria. 

If you have followed these steps and have specified a valid SMSC server configuration, are you able to provide the full ONS4000 error message and any associated messages from the Server Message Logs?

You only need to set up SMS Gateway if you intend to use SMS Messaging for Outbound Notifications or Remote Wipe commands.  Normally for iOS and Android, you would use APNS and GCM respectively to carry out these tasks unless you have specific operational reasons (for example regional restrictions on access to Apple/Google servers) which mean this is not possible.

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

I was looking to configure the SMS Gateway in afaria  as a value added service for the client for sending SMS to the user with the enrollment link and then the user can click on the link and then start enrollment, as such feature is available in other competitors products.

One more question

is it that we can only configure SMS Gateway using Modem? Is it not to use a SMSC service as SMPP provider?

Regards

Batish

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Batish.

Afaria offers a configuration option for both SMPP and Modem on the SMS Gateway configuration page.  Most customers who use the SMS Gateway choose the SMPP option.

Thanks,

Keith Nunn
SAP Active Global Support

SAP Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Keith  for the clarification.

I am have a hard time editing the kannel.conf file in accordance to the settings to be added on the Portal. Even after editing the conf file i am unable to get the bearer box or the smsbox running i am getting error as application unable to start correctly.

Do you have or if you can publish a How to guide on topic of setting up SMS Gateway?

Regards

Batish

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you have a support contract, there is a knowledgebase article on the Sybase Mobile Enterprise Technical Support site (https://frontline.sybase.com/support) that details this.  It's KB 5521.  I expect it will get migrated to the SAP KBAs soon.

Regards,

Keith Nunn

SAP Active Global Support

SAP Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Keith that was very valuable document. Did followed that document but when successfully setup, the master server stopped and did not restart when tried manually.

I had to finally delete the SMS Gateway configuration to have the server started up and running.

I did refer to docs 7573,7316 but couldn't  find the solution to the problem.

I have got a trail service from this provider which i am trying to configure on SP5 environment.

https://www.vianett.com/en/developers/api-documentation/smpp-api

Any idea why this issue might be happening?

Regards

Batish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do this:

1) Stop "Afaria Server" service

2) Manual navigate to SMSGateway folder and from command line start the bearerbox or smsbox and post the errors here

BR

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loris

I am facing a same issue that i am not bale to configure SMS Gateway.

Were you able to get over this problem of yours and can you guide me how you did it.

Regards

Batish