cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal number assignment for object QMERKRUECK (numbers are in critical area)

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Getting following information message while assigning inspection plan to a Insp Lot:

Internal number assignment for object QMERKRUECK (numbers are in critical area).

Found that current number for above Object is about to exhaust soon.

Please help to resolve following queries:

1. What will be system behaviour when fully exhausted? Will it stop making Inspection Lot and assigning Insp. Plans to it?

2. Once exhaused, Will it start from 1 for chars confirmation? If the case, what about the old Insp. lots?

3. Is Insp Lot archiving required in this situation? What is the procedure, who is involved, PP, MM, PM all modules impacted due to this, downtime required, what other objects impacted?

4. Will System allow creating new interval range 100000000-999999999? As i found QAMKR-RUECKMELNR is defined as NUM 8, is this accepable range?

5. If new interval is created, where we have to assign?

As per http://scn.sap.com/thread/2095073, creating new object for Insp Lot and assigning to Inspection lot origin, will solve the problem. But i am not clear on this.

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Found a Note: 1645936 recommonding archiving of Inspection lots.

Few points out of it….

1. What is the exact use of Char confirmation field? As per this Note, it uniqely identifies the char. While reporting or accessing within QA11, it displays results based on this confirmation no. But Where exactly it is used? Has anybody come across to this and used somewhere?

2. I believe, no industry QM users are running any transaction based on this confirmation no. What I assume is say for any batch there are multiple lots for 03, 04 (HALB and FERT), 09, 89, Delivery lot, manual etc, in this situation for QMIS SAP may be using this confirmation no. internally to distinguish each recorded result.

3. Consider a large Pharma company where almost each and every type of Inspeciton is used (with minimal/no skip) with many Tests, it is obvious that item level NR is going to consume first. SAP is allowing 18 Inspection Origin with Inspection types Number Range of Char type (e.g. 040000000000-049999999999) at header level and defining its lower level object like MIC (which could be 10 times more i.e. one inspection lot may have more than 10 MIC) with Num 8 (Max: 99999999 for Object: QMERKRUECK), which is obviously cousume first.

4. Due to Item (MIC) level NR is going to consume….SAP is recommending for Archiving of Inspection Lots….Here, Inspection Lot (header) NR is not yet fully consumed. At first sight, it seems, MIC confirmation Number Range should be more than Inspection Lot Number Range. (Especially when it is common for all type of Inspection Types and independent of plant...i.e. take any insp type: 14, 03, 01, 04 it is consuming from single source QMERKRUECK)

There must be some logical reason to this and SAP must have design this with consideration of some scenario, what could be it?

Experts, expecting your views on above points with example so that design can be understood.

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Char confirmation again started with 1 and as of now we have not observed any problem. We don't use chars in any Report.

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh