cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why export format Excel is not usable as excel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Experts...

using: Crystal Reports XI

When i export the reprot output to excel it is not clean one field is split into somany cells and not being able to use it as exel.

Any advice on how i can have excel output?

Is this excel export better in next versions?

Thank you,

Pad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

traceychurch2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found that by changing the Grid Size in Options, Layout, Grid Options to the smallest possible number (0.026 for cm) allowed me to align the objects a lot closer in the report.  I cannot remember what the default was, but I know it was much larger.

I also found that by enlarging the report on screen helped me to identify where the gaps were. 

Very picky indeed!

Tracey

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just adding another resource re. exporting to xls:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-6687

- Ludek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

If would like to export the Crystal report to excel, the format of crystal report need to be perfect.(like no space will be leave between two objects. if you any space then that space will also considered as new cell in Excel & based on the object size also i will allocate space for the cells in excel).

Can you attach the report with saved data to this thread, so that i can check which format is giving problem.

The following attached link document will help you to understand the new features of CR 2008 with Excel...

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi3-cr2008eecp_readme_en.pdf

--Naga.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Excel export has ALWAYS been very picky about formatting.  A while back I wrote a note for the SAP Crystal Reports and Dashboard Design Facebook page about how to format a report for a cleaner export to Excel.  You can find the document here:  http://on.fb.me/RddYL9.

Basically you have to line everything up - column headers need to be the exact same width as the data under them and everything needs to be lined up so that the right side of one column is in the same position as the left side of the next column (I use guides on the ruler for this.)  Headers and footers need to be positioned to match the left side of a column and the right side of either the same column or another column if they need to be wider than one column.  There are some other tricks to it as well, but that's the basics.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnak you very much Dell...

Yes trying lign up all the fields, headers etc... but looks like a sub report would a proablem as well.  Does it have to the main report itself.

I could not access the document mentioned, appreciate if you could attach it here.

Thank you,

Pad

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Attached is a text version of the information.  The original is a Word doc, but that's not one of the allowed file types for attachments here.  So, it's not pretty, but it has all of the information.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are good tips & the steps that I also do, however do you have any ways to prevent the detail section having merged rows &/or blank rows/cells please?  eg: when objects/fields in the details section take up more than 1 line (eg: for some records but not all)?