cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enroll into two Medical Plans ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a unique situation for next Benefits year. Employee can enroll self (or self+spouse or Self+children) to a Medical plan and Waive remaining family members to get a rebate. For e.g. I can enroll myself+spouse to Medical Plan A and Select to Waive Children or enroll self+children and decide to Waive Spouse. Various waive options give different Rebates. In Benefits enrollment portal or HRBEN0001 program, you can only enroll to One Medical plan at a time. How can I configure to enroll into two medical plans (Plan A and Waive Plan) ? Is there any standard option available or have to be handled via custom programming ?

Thanks

Sanghamitra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check dependent coverage in IT0167 against what's in IT0002 (dependents) and derive if any members of the family is not covered in the ee's medical plan (i.e. if dependent coverage is ee plus

children, and yet the ee has spouse in IT0002, it means the spouse is waived ) ?

If not, you'll need to set up two separate medical plan types in V_T5UB1 (one for Med, the other for Med Waive, both of plan cat 'A' (Medical) instead of waive being at benefit plan level) to allow both of the plan types to show up and co-exist in benefit enrollment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the reply. I liked your idea of utilizing medical plan types in V_T5UB1 and configuring two Plan types. I think that will work out better.

thanks

Sanghamitra

Answers (0)