Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reports by SD CALL truncating

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have been trying to ship the MSDS by email to customer. I have maintained the EMAIL as the standard communication.

When I try to ship manually or automatically, the communication INT is not triggered for the variant.

Under manual processing, the report shipping is completed with the package but we do not know what is the exit stage of the

final report( means to which customer destination and which mode). I have attached the screenshots to understand clearly.

If u  have the logical steps to determine the report shipping for automatic process, please guide appropriately as I have followed the document WWI cookbook

and report shipping guide.

Screenshot 2:

Error when redetermining reports for variant CH-MSDS EN W7. Is there a function module CVEO_RDO_BUNDLE_GENERATE.?

As i do not find that function module being maintained under user exit category EHS_CHECK

screenshot 3:

communication INT could not be determined,  why.........Is it using a function module via an user exit???

In screenshot Shiporder completed, which mode of transmission is being determined by the SAP system.

Regards

Dhinesh

Dear Dhinesh

may be check this as well:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/a7/2877760a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

Chapter: Report Shipping Status Network

Here you get a "feeling" whcih user exit in SDS distrbution is used at which point of time.

Generally the whole chapter

"Report Shipping: Process" is important

Based on your release: with an OSS note a new functionality is available. PLease refer to chapter:

"Überwachung des Druck- und Sendestatus im Versand" (sorry: on english SAP help pages only the german text shows up; don't know why).

Chapter "Manual Report Shipping" might help as well.

Back to your screenshots:

Screenshot 1:

Please use transaction CVD1 to identify the corresponding SDS distribution; check status etc. According to the screenshot process run thorugh without error

Screenshot 2: there seems to be a customzing issue regarding the "Check" part regarding MSDS_DIST; on the top "INT" could not be confirmed (eMail addresss maintained ?)

Please use transaction CVD1 to identify the SDS distrbution data etc. as it seems to be that a SBE has been created in any case

Screenshot 3:

Error occured in "redeterming" a report. Here you neeed to understand  how the system is working (only high level; it is explained to a more detailed level in teh SDS distribution guide)

a.) a material should be shipped to a customer and a SDS is needed

b.) material should be shipped e.g. 01.10.2013

c.) now you can specify in customizing the "due" date for SDS shipment which is e.g. 14 days before the day at which the material should be shiped to the customer (to make sure that customer receives the SDS before he/she receives the material)

d.) now it is possible by suitable customizing to "redetermine" the report. E.g. in the case as mentioned above a sds distribution order is placed in EHS but not processed; only 14 days before delivery of material the SDS will be delivered, by customizing you can specify if a new report should be checked (e.g. in the meantime the version could have changed from 2.1 to 2.2 and the customer should always receive the recent one). PLease check correspondon customizing of "redetermination"; may be there is an  error

The SDS OSS note (SDS guideline regardind SD distrbution) explains to my knowledge this customizing as well so I skipped here details

May be this will help.

C.B.

Refer e.g. to

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/a7/2877c40a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

and chapter: Order Package Shipping; here you will find hints regarding "communication type)

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/a7/28786d0a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

and chapter: "Shipping Reason" might be helpful as well

Check:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a7/28782c0a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm

and there topic "Report selection"; here the "redetermine topic" is explained

PPS: may be read this document as well: http://www.sap.com/community/webcast/2011_05_04_Sustainability_de/08_Coenning.pdf

Hi Dhinesh,

In your question, some of the report shipping orders shown the statuses "SENT"and "COMPLETED".

with this status, the program must trigger the emails out.

Have checked in the transaction SCOT, where you can see the emails are available in Q.

If you are not getting any positive results there, probably this could be a severe program errors.

You can find more information related to this on the SAP NOTES - 1096411, 1148408, 1023588, and also 775182.

this is not a very frequent and open issue to guess and provide you the solution. still you not able to correct the issue with the above notes, can be investigated further.

Regards

kamal

dear kamal and C.B,

The SD call still generates errors. Here is what i found from the server data. I corrected an error in the CONVERT section where printto was used instead of Print and the target location was c:\wwi\temp\target.prn instead of target.ps. I corrected it and still gives me a error.

Please check the settings below and correct me if anything is wrong or where should my focus be next?

RFC settings

[General]

Tlevel=5

Cols=200

Lines=400

Delay=20

/* this entry points to TCP/IP-Destination WWI_GENPC1 */

[BP_EH_WWI]

DEST=BP_EH_WWI

PROGID=BP_EH_WWI

TYPE=R

GWHOST=SEASRV05.applexus.com

GWSERV=sapgw00

PROGRAM=wwirfcsvU.exe

/* this entry points to TCP/IP-Destination WWI_GENPC2 */

[BP_EH_WWI]

DEST=BP_EH_WWI

PROGID=BP_EH_WWI

TYPE=R

GWSERV=sapgw00

PROGRAM=wwirfcsvU.exe

/* this entry points to TCP/IP-Destination WWI_GENPC3 */

[BP_EH_WWI]

DEST=BP_EH_WWI

PROGID=BP_EH_WWI

TYPE=R

GWSERV=sapgw00

PROGRAM=wwirfcsvU.exe

/* this entry points to TCP/IP-Destination WWI_GENPC4 */

;[PC4]

DEST=WWI_GENPC4

PROGID=WWI_GENPC4

TYPE=R

GWHOST=

GWSERV=

/* this entry points to TCP/IP-Destination WWI_GENPC5 */

;[PC5]

DEST=WWI_GENPC5

PROGID=WWI_GENPC5

TYPE=R

GWHOST=

GWSERV=

/* this entry points to TCP/IP-Destination WWI_GENPC6 */

;[PC6]

DEST=WWI_GENPC6

PROGID=WWI_GENPC6

TYPE=R

GWHOST=

GWSERV=

/* this entry points to TCP/IP-Destination WWI_GENPC7 */

;[PC7]

DEST=WWI_GENPC7

PROGID=WWI_GENPC7

TYPE=R

GWHOST=

GWSERV=

/* this entry points to TCP/IP-Destination WWI_GENPC8 */

;[PC8]

DEST=WWI_GENPC8

PROGID=WWI_GENPC8

TYPE=R

GWHOST=

GWSERV=

/* this entry points to TCP/IP-Destination WWI_GENPC9 */

;[PC9]

DEST=WWI_GENPC9

PROGID=WWI_GENPC9

TYPE=R

GWHOST=

GWSERV=

/*==================================================================*/

/* The following is a sample entry for the EH&S Management Service  */

/* with TYPE=R                                                      */

/* Be sure to enter an appropriate GWHOST and GWSERV for each       */

/* destination. The GWHOST is the Application-Server which          */

/* is set in the corresponding TCP/IP-Destination entry             */

/* (transaction SM59) in R/3.                                       */

/* GWSERV is the service which is responsible for the connection    */

/* between R/3 and ehsManSrv.exe. This entry is usually set to      */

/* sapgw<sid>, where sid is the system-Id of your R/3-System.       */

/*                                                                  */

/* The flag MANAGED indicates that this is a destination for        */

/* EH&S Management Service                                          */

/*==================================================================*/

/* this entry points to TCP/IP-Destination EHS_MANSRV */

[BP_EH_EHS_MANSRV]

DEST=BP_EH_EHS_MANSRV

PROGID=BP_EH_EHS_MANSRV

TYPE=R

GWSERV=sapgw00

MANAGED=1

PROGRAM=wwirfcsvU.exe

[BP_EH_WWI_ID5_01]

DEST=BP_EH_WWI_ID5_01

TYPE=R

PROGID=BP_EH_WWI

GWSERV=sapgw00

RFC_TRACE=0

PROGRAM=wwirfcsvU.exe

Please find the flow trace of the shipping orders 468.

Thanks & Regards

Dhinesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhinesh

similar issues are dicussed e.g.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1737629

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1910337

and other threads.

If you take a look at:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/a7/2877760a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

you will see that we have several user exit types e.g.

EHS_CHECK

EHS_BUNDL

EHS_GEN

EHS_PACK

EHS_SEND

EHS_SAVE

Please check OSS note 1096697. Here you will find any information regarding correct set up of SDS distribution explaining any exit etc.

Main starting point for SDS distrbution is e.g. "shipping reason" (please check link as shown above). please read that chapter as well as " Automatic report shipping". Chapter "Report Shipping Order Bundles" explains how bundling is done etc.

Regarding your picture: "468 flow trace":

There seems to be an issue in "redeterming" the right report. Please check sutomizing according to OSS note mentioned.

Regarding the other screen shots;

shpid: it is "surprising" to see that column "Report Ver." contains "0.0"; therefore the process "stopped" in "released" and "in work" status. Therefore the process "stopped"; it is "clear" that in this status ("released" and "in work" you will get the final result (print SDS or distribute it via eMail).

I actually assume that WWI set up is correct and main issue is in SDS distribution customizing etc.

C.B.

PS: CVEO_RDO_BUNDLE_GENERATE. is related if i remember correct to "EHS_BUNDL"

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi C.B,

Thank you for your timely help and continued support. I maintained the user exit check function and package user exit for the business process msds_dist and Now that the SD process is complete and I am able to generate MSDS, cover sheet and acknowledgement receipt without any errors. However sometimes i get the error whch is only dues to the RFc call. But the process is done completely.

Thanks & regards

Dhinesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I would like to ask to check the 2 settings realted to this issues.

SPRO _ Environment, Health & Safety > Basic Data and Tools > Specification Management > Additional Information for Value Assignment > Usage > Specify Validity Areas

Here select any Region

for ex - US, and click on the "Assign Validity Area/ Country".

country name must me maintained as "US".

SPRO _ Environment, Health & Safety > Product Safety > Report Shipping > Basic Settings for shipping from SD documents > Assign Language and lead time to country

Here for ex - Country ID - US and Language EN must be maintained.

"In your customer master, country selected and in Generation variant validity area must be sinked and ensure that these both have the settings correctly maintained in the above customizing paths."

This is just my guess that something may go wrong in these areas. If everything fine here, we can check for other possibilities...where it could go wrong.

Regards

kamal